Guards whacking incorrectly

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guards whacking incorrectly

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Van Raily wrote:Guard zones can extend just outside of the gates, and do in most cases. It makes sense: if a civilian was running to within sight of the gates, the guards would certainly come out to their aid, though not pursue the enemy beyond the town's immediate vicinity. If you can see the town gates, your quarry has most likely evaded you. If you dare take the chance to catch them before they get that last tile, then that's your own risk. But sometimes you can catch 'em. Guard zones don't always match the same tiles, too. It's a weird fluid thing that I've never understood, even after a decade of playing, hehe. Makes things interesting, I suppose.
Do you have any source material for this.

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

Whatcha' mean? I was referring to town guard zones not being exact. I'm pretty sure they never have been. There's usually at least one square difference between entering and leaving. Notice how you don't "leave the protection of town guards" until you reach a particular bramble outside of Minoc, for example, but when running from a PKer, if you reach that bramble you're not "under protection" yet; you have to run a little further to get inside, but usually no more than a few tiles.

This is how I've always remembered it: running back to town from a PK and going "I made it!" only to realize I hadn't reached the "return to guardzone" mark yet and die. =\
Gone to greener pastures.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The message "you are now under/you have left" is not exact. There is a delay on when the message is given, but the actual line should be set in stone.

You could always check guard lines by trying to cast an area spell, I would pre-cast firefield, take a step, repeat. To get an idea of where the hard line is.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

MatronDeWinter wrote:The message "you are now under/you have left" is not exact. There is a delay on when the message is given, but the actual line should be set in stone.
correct!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This was fixed in the last update
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE