Post by Volo »

Interested in setting something up i sent you a pm fathertime
"Hangin in the J since back in the day"The Jhelom Regulars

Van Raily

Re: would anyone be interested in rp guilds and rp pvp/events

Post by Van Raily »

uofuntime wrote: i roleplay a guy sometimes. it's fun ^_^
Me too.

Also, I'm also sending a PM your way, Father Time. Curious how this'll go.
Gone to greener pastures.

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Interesting, however, I think you should make it more of a theme based guild rather than RP as most RP guilds here deteriorate into a loosely run band of PKers who just plan on hooking up to gank noobs on nights that they're bored.

If you have a group that plans on being the "good guys" then maybe this thing might work out. You're going to need some dedicated and organized folks to pull this thing off. I'm interested but I'll wait and see how far off the ground this thing is going to get before I think about joining in as a good or bad guy in either guild.

It's a cool idea, maybe it'll actually work and someone will have actually created a successful RP guild on this shard. :)

stygia

Post by stygia »

Yeah, I'm semi-interested. If it actually gets rolling I'd join in.

Mark Stoneholme

Post by Mark Stoneholme »

[OOC: Hey,

You may or may not have seen that I myself recently started a 'hard-core' role-playing guild on the shard emulating a rag-tag Militia operating in the wilderness' throughout Britannia protecting innocent citizens beyond the jurisdiction of the town guards.

The guild has been modelled off a 10+ year old successful RP guild on Europa, including the use of the community ruleset (for combat with warring guilds etc) that worked up until the release of AoS.

At the moment we're extremely small and in no condition to have 'field battles', but it could be the start of something?

The Militia doesn't allow power-gaming, and doesn't feature magic equipment or magery - As you can imagine we'd need to rely on numbers rather than strength as 'high fantasy' rp guilds permitting the likes the vampires etc aren't going to be quite as strict in terms of gaining skills and skill restrictions...

Anyway, as I said, The Militia follows a community ruleset that worked in the major RP community 'Crossroads of Yew' on Europa from '98-'05 (the community still exists but rulesets have adapted for expansions); and we could enter a war for combat/looting/ally etc purposes, but RP guilds entering into this 'war ring' would also need to comply with this community ruleset.

The ruleset hasn't been editted from the original source, and has been written to apply to all guilds that initially followed in - What I'm saying is, is this ruleset isn't something I've made to hamper the effectiveness of other guilds; it's fair, has proven it works, and applies to all.

It can be viewed here, as can the militia website: http://uomilitia.webs.com/lawsofwar.htm

I can be contacted via PM, or my ICQ number which is in my signature - I am in the GMT timezone.]
Kind Regards,

Mark Stoneholme (ICQ: 644-876-747)
'Militiaman', The Militia.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

if you have events i wouldnt announce them on that boards...

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Mark Stoneholme wrote:[OOC:The Militia doesn't allow power-gaming, and doesn't feature magic equipment or magery - As you can imagine we'd need to rely on numbers rather than strength as 'high fantasy' rp guilds permitting the likes the vampires etc aren't going to be quite as strict in terms of gaining skills and skill restrictions...]
Wow are you guys gonna get uberkilled, no magic gear = DEATH

chazzman69

Post by chazzman69 »

Mark Stoneholme wrote:[OOC: Hey,

You may or may not have seen that I myself recently started a 'hard-core' role-playing guild on the shard emulating a rag-tag Militia operating in the wilderness' throughout Britannia protecting innocent citizens beyond the jurisdiction of the town guards.

The guild has been modelled off a 10+ year old successful RP guild on Europa, including the use of the community ruleset (for combat with warring guilds etc) that worked up until the release of AoS.

At the moment we're extremely small and in no condition to have 'field battles', but it could be the start of something?

The Militia doesn't allow power-gaming, and doesn't feature magic equipment or magery - As you can imagine we'd need to rely on numbers rather than strength as 'high fantasy' rp guilds permitting the likes the vampires etc aren't going to be quite as strict in terms of gaining skills and skill restrictions...

Anyway, as I said, The Militia follows a community ruleset that worked in the major RP community 'Crossroads of Yew' on Europa from '98-'05 (the community still exists but rulesets have adapted for expansions); and we could enter a war for combat/looting/ally etc purposes, but RP guilds entering into this 'war ring' would also need to comply with this community ruleset.

The ruleset hasn't been editted from the original source, and has been written to apply to all guilds that initially followed in - What I'm saying is, is this ruleset isn't something I've made to hamper the effectiveness of other guilds; it's fair, has proven it works, and applies to all.

It can be viewed here, as can the militia website: http://uomilitia.webs.com/lawsofwar.htm

I can be contacted via PM, or my ICQ number which is in my signature - I am in the GMT timezone.]
Aren't you guys that Champions of the Ankh guild that went belly-up? What makes you think it's going to work this time?

Mark Stoneholme

[OOC: We're not the Champions of the Ankh guild; and there's more important concepts to be enjoyed through roleplay than designing your characters for war against non-roleplayers.

As for what makes me think this will work; this is how certain RP guilds started on Europa before UOSA's setting, and those guilds are still thriving on Europa today, 11-12 years on. Thanks for your questions, I look forward to interacting with you all in-game.]
Kind Regards,

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

@Mark Stoneholme:

omg I remember you guys. Last I played was on Europa maybe a year or two back. You guys are the Guardsmen Militia of Yew right? Nice player town and home designs (they were really spectacular) but you guys were mean. You guys kept calling me a "magical prostitute" and "Vesperian whore". Still you guys kept trying to recruit me in Haven, lmao. I got myself banned from some of your buildings too, I don't know why. Probably because I was a Vesperian whore. You guys weren't the friendliest bunch but glad you are here.

so I can get revenge

FatherTime

Post by FatherTime »

Well I am going to start recruiting for the evil rp guild, pm me if you woulf like more info. Powergaming will not be restricted on a skill level meaning you are free to macro your toons.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

^ That's a good thing.

I have a question, must all chars be created from scratch? I have a character I created a long time ago, incomplete, still noob (aside from gm macing), can she join? Rarely played her, so she's basically unknown on the shard. But I think she'd fare well as an evil character.

FatherTime

Post by FatherTime »

That would be fine. You could turn her into a mage that uses staves or a dexxer. As long as she has a decent name

Mark Stoneholme

uofuntime wrote:@Mark Stoneholme:

omg I remember you guys. Last I played was on Europa maybe a year or two back. You guys are the Guardsmen Militia of Yew right? Nice player town and home designs (they were really spectacular) but you guys were mean. You guys kept calling me a "magical prostitute" and "Vesperian whore". Still you guys kept trying to recruit me in Haven, lmao. I got myself banned from some of your buildings too, I don't know why. Probably because I was a Vesperian whore. You guys weren't the friendliest bunch but glad you are here.

so I can get revenge
[OOC: Heavily based on this guild; but no - We're not those guys. Any 'abuse' you suffered on Europa is at their hands, not ours. Thanks.]
Kind Regards,

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

i like the idea of RP but vampires and things like that are pretty tired cliche's.

we have begging skill, why not make a guild of hobo's that travels around constantly drunk and begging for food?

what about role playing a pedophile or stalker? follow someone around and emote groping and such.

ghost's could haunt a certain house, or graveyard and chase people around OOoOOoOOo

really anything where people can't figure out what you are doing without asking is probably a bad idea imho.
it would be far more entertaining if it were original yet obvious and something anyone could feasibly join in,
since most here are too leet to do anything but use proven working pvp templates to kill people.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers