Unique Staff-Made Items for Player-Run Events

Topics related to Second Age
Luca|Blight

Re: Unique Staff-Made Items for Player-Run Events

Post by Luca|Blight »

Again, if Blackfoot enjoys running museums and events so much, then why not make him staff? Why not hold him to the same standards as all other GMs here (which is no GM can have a player character). He's just circumventing the system by being a 'proxy'. And as far as the frequency of the items go, even the GM who made them now thinks that it's been too much. There is without a doubt people who never go to player run events (felix), that is only going to these particular events because of the items. I was also told that a lot of these events had a very low turnout (in some cases 2 or 3 people), and Blackfoot STILL ran the event, which 'guaranteed' the prizes to the players there (usually a UoH member or one of BFs friends).

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Luca|Blight wrote:Again, if Blackfoot enjoys running museums and events so much, then why not make him staff? Why not hold him to the same standards as all other GMs here (which is no GM can have a player character). He's just circumventing the system by being a 'proxy'. And as far as the frequency of the items go, even the GM who made them now thinks that it's been too much. There is without a doubt people who never go to player run events (felix), that is only going to these particular events because of the items. I was also told that a lot of these events had a very low turnout (in some cases 2 or 3 people), and Blackfoot STILL ran the event, which 'guaranteed' the prizes to the players there (usually a UoH member or one of BFs friends).

You were told wrong. Just look at the pictures. There were at least 10+ people at all of them, and as far as I've seen, no UoH member has won.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptokuddlelite »

it really doesnt matter who the winner is. here are the main problems imo

1. no limit to how many items have/are been/being created for player run events.what stops me from doing an ACE tourney next week,TT the next day,..ect

2. these items in return instantly retain valuble rare status due to the lack of ability for other players to obtain such rewards simply because a staff member created it and introduced it into the economy for a player run event

3. it is upto the players discretion as to how much these are worth..there is no way of determining how stable this could/coudlnt be

4. simply having a staff member make an item to give to a player. no matter the reason...this action goes against the freeshard code ya know

u can say whatever u want to say to justify the action...it simply is that..u can sugar coat it and make it sound however u want to ...but the actions remain the same....

those items created enter our economy and have an impact..it changes the game..in as little way as u wanna see it ...or if u wanna look at the whole picture...there is no real must have die hard reason to have these and instill it in a t2a accurate shard... NO reason especially when we have a trophy system and automated events.....

staff created items deserve to be of a higher reward...there needs to be regulation of this ..there are people who have entered the fletching contest and got 3rd with 28 fletching.....u could possibly take home an item with a brand new character....way to make it era accurate!!!!!
Image]

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

You really should look up how to use ellipsis.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

sure thing professor whatever u say
Image]

Pat

Post by Pat »

^^ I agree

With the trophy system in the shard there is no reason to be giving out one-of-a-kind rares so easily. If anything is given out then it should be silver so that those players can collect silver and BUY there unique rare like everyone else. This kind of looks like a giveaway to crafters.... i am SURE that if special rares were being given to 1v1 winners then the crafters would have this same argument. This is in no way right...

Yes there are more opportunities for pvpers to get silver and that is one reason there is a thread about limiting these pvp events.

IMO The ONLY reason one of these rares should be given out is if someone has reported a significant bug to the staff, then they should possibly be rewarded one of these unique rares.

stygia

Post by stygia »

I am curious. Can someone show me a forum post or irc chat log of these staff items being significant? I never even knew that they where being given out recently until this post. I also check the trade page semi-regularly. I just haven't seen an impact on the game from these items. If it's there someone show me.

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Pat well said and very good suggestions..i believe what u have said is to be the right or "correct" way to handle this issue....if u have to have staff create items..make it silver so we can use our trophy system that goes against the t2a era accuracy...i like our trophy system..but it is already not era accurate...please stop staff from making special items for player rune events..its just not right for this shard..automated events get silver...player run event w staff assistance gets silver...same in same out...

stygia..if these items are of no significance..then why have the gms to take their spare time to create the item and give it a special hue, or name. why make them the reward if not valuable....its the same as a trophy for winning a tourney except...ITS A PLAYER RUN EVENT :)...i just hope that they make sense of all this and do the right thing for UOSA
Image]

Luca|Blight

Post by Luca|Blight »

SJane3384 wrote:You were told wrong. Just look at the pictures. There were at least 10+ people at all of them, and as far as I've seen, no UoH member has won.
[18:05] <Luca|Blight> did you go to any of his events?
[18:06] <fox_phyre> yea 2
[18:06] <Luca|Blight> how many people participated
[18:06] <Luca|Blight> in those 2
[18:06] <fox_phyre> 5 at the fletcher, and 8 at the smith
[18:06] <Luca|Blight> ok cool
[18:06] <fox_phyre> it took an hour to get 8 people to the smith one too
[18:06] <Luca|Blight> blackfoot PMing people he knew to get them there?
[18:07] <fox_phyre> i think so. he was trying hard to get people he knew there, maybe tho
[18:07] <fox_phyre> not 100%, but it could have happened that way

And here's someone selling items from these events just now in IRC!

[17:50] <Foxtrot> Selling "1st place UOSA Museum Alchemist Altercation" bottle, 1 of a kind!

[18:07] <Luca|Blight> how many people were at BFs event that you won the prize at?
[18:07] <Foxtrot> 7 or 8 competing

Not a bad prize at all for winning a player-run event with 7 or 8 people! And it's for sale too!

stygia

Post by stygia »

I think he was being sarcastic. I was in the room when that was said. It was followed by someone offering their wife and kids. I could be wrong, but keep me informed.

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Now imagine Luca if we call could get items like that for our player run events. If everybody could and would do it..it would make them pointless....Keep staff created items for staff events...player run events get player created rewards....no questions about value of an item that a gm made....nobody claiming anything for favoritism. which i dont believe.. and nobody claiming corruption ,which i also dont believe.. but nevertheless this only agitates negative things to happen on UOSA and thats not what we need here
Image]

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Luca|Blight wrote:
SJane3384 wrote:You were told wrong. Just look at the pictures. There were at least 10+ people at all of them, and as far as I've seen, no UoH member has won.
[18:05] <Luca|Blight> did you go to any of his events?
[18:06] <fox_phyre> yea 2
[18:06] <Luca|Blight> how many people participated
[18:06] <Luca|Blight> in those 2
[18:06] <fox_phyre> 5 at the fletcher, and 8 at the smith
[18:06] <Luca|Blight> ok cool
[18:06] <fox_phyre> it took an hour to get 8 people to the smith one too
[18:06] <Luca|Blight> blackfoot PMing people he knew to get them there?
[18:07] <fox_phyre> i think so. he was trying hard to get people he knew there, maybe tho
[18:07] <fox_phyre> not 100%, but it could have happened that way

And here's someone selling items from these events just now in IRC!

[17:50] <Foxtrot> Selling "1st place UOSA Museum Alchemist Altercation" bottle, 1 of a kind!

[18:07] <Luca|Blight> how many people were at BFs event that you won the prize at?
[18:07] <Foxtrot> 7 or 8 competing

Not a bad prize at all for winning a player-run event with 7 or 8 people! And it's for sale too!
Apparently you don't understand sarcasm, Luca. He wasn't being serious, and in the next row Bones says he's selling his wife and kids...or did you bid on those too?

And I was there for the Blacksmith event. Blackfoot wasn't sure how many would be there, so he had only 8 stations set up. There ended up being more than 8 competitors (Im not sure who, but the farthest W forges were 2 ppl each). I was also there when he PAGED IT OUT IN THE MAIN CHANNEL, and PAGED IT INGAME.

Again, look at the pictures. There were more than 5 people at fletcher as well.

Honestly, as I said before, since there are absolutely NO crafter events, what's wrong with handing these out for this one? You are all just being bitchy little children who are upset because someone else got pixel-candy and you didn't.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

stop flaming this has nothing to do with jealousy..number one if u want to push it...this type of action is not t2a accurate to the extent of what it is here on uosa

number two. maybe you should start making some crafting events too...why does it have to be a staff created item...why cant silver serve as good as it does for the rest of the shard for the automated events ..that is if u MUST have a staff created-non player created reward.....hell you could even hand out your own silver instead of asking staff to make you something...
Image]

Luca|Blight

Post by Luca|Blight »

SJane3384 wrote:Apparently you don't understand sarcasm, Luca. He wasn't being serious, and in the next row Bones says he's selling his wife and kids...or did you bid on those too?

And I was there for the Blacksmith event. Blackfoot wasn't sure how many would be there, so he had only 8 stations set up. There ended up being more than 8 competitors (Im not sure who, but the farthest W forges were 2 ppl each). I was also there when he PAGED IT OUT IN THE MAIN CHANNEL, and PAGED IT INGAME.

Again, look at the pictures. There were more than 5 people at fletcher as well.

Honestly, as I said before, since there are absolutely NO crafter events, what's wrong with handing these out for this one? You are all just being bitchy little children who are upset because someone else got pixel-candy and you didn't.

Foxtrot is legitimately selling this item. He wants to sell it so he has gold to purchase a special hair dye (value of 250-500k).

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

sjane- you are confusing how many people were AT the event, and how many people were IN the event. though there were several people watching at the fletching contest, there were far fewer competitors than spectators.
*Sidenote- also at each event, there were people offering to buy the trophies for large sums of gold, with no response from either the GM that made the items, or from bf regarding this selling of these unique rares, so how is anyone reducing the possibility of corruption? i am not saying that any corruption did occur, but the door to it was wide open and no one was trying to close it.
just my two cents...

edit*also, at the smithy event, there were not more than 8 competitors. some late people were trying to use the far west forges, but bf had them move back to the spectator area.
Last edited by fox_phyre on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975