Somehow possible to auto-reconnect?

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Somehow possible to auto-reconnect?

Post by Kryptonical »

I'm on the west coast so server down is at 4am for me. I'd love to setup a macro and let it run throughout the night but this isnt possible with server down at that time. Is there any way to set something up to allow me to auto-connect at a predetermined time? (around 5)

I have a couple questions about it:

a. is something like this possible? legal?

b. if its out there, would it allow my razor macro to continue running?

Thank You!

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Somehow possible to auto-reconnect?

Post by Batlin »

A macro program would help you here. (they record actions and play them back later at your command or scheduled interval).
It's legal because it does not interfere with the packets.

These days I use AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml) for my automatisation needs but it does require some scripting experience. There are easier and more user-friendly programs out there.

You might wanna read this article : http://windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windo ... te_xp.html or maybe another player knows a good program.

The biggest problem you will have is handling errors like a server crash.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

There is an easy way. I cannot say it's name since it may be illegal here. It has the capability to alter the network stream, but not by default and requires heavy coding knowledge to use the utility maliciously, but the base functions work by default and require little knowledge. Google is your friend.... i'll leave it at that.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

orionsune wrote:There is an easy way, a 3rd party utility. I cannot say it's name since it's likely illegal here, since it alters the network stream. Google is your friend.... i'll leave it at that.
Are you seriously suggesting this to someone asking for help?

Stick with what Baitlin posted.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

yes

he can't use it anyway, it requires a linux box. He has this thing called... "a windows box"? did I spell that right? I'm not sure what this "windows" is, but i'll check it out one day.