Playable from Beijing, China?

ninogan

Playable from Beijing, China?

Post by ninogan »

I'll be living in Beijing for 4 months and I was wondering if anyone knew if uosecondage would be playable from there or just impossible because of lag and stuff?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Playable from Beijing, China?

Post by Chaos »

Not 100% but pretty sure you will be able to just about anything aside from heavy pvp. Crafting, Gathering, and even PVM will most likely be fine aside from a little lag. Just keep in mind this game was out way before high speed internet was common and I'm pretty sure before 56k was even the standard.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

ninogan

Post by ninogan »

Chaos wrote:Not 100% but pretty sure you will be able to just about anything aside from heavy pvp. Crafting, Gathering, and even PVM will most likely be fine aside from a little lag. Just keep in mind this game was out way before high speed internet was common and I'm pretty sure before 56k was even the standard.
Sounds great. I'm just starting out. Barely remember much about UO it's been ages since I last played it so as long as I can run around and do PvM and stuff I'll be happy.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I have known of others within China to be unable to connect to the shard. I can't say for sure what the source of the firewall was though.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Germ

Post by Germ »

Great Wall of China probably prevents the packets from flying over in the giant pneumatic tubes.

That's my guess.

Germ

Cadyn

Post by Cadyn »

I travel due to work in China. I've been through over 8 different provinces and have connected to UO in all of them. Currently in ShenZhen and have no problems connecting to UO.

PvP is nearly impossible however with an average of 400-600ping. pvM and crafting have been no issues.