characters per account

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

one character per account

one char per account
33%
more than one char per account
67%

Total votes: 3

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: characters per account

Post by Ronk »

Few random tid bits to add...

1. You'll never get 100% of people voting either way.

2. Its certainly something that should be done at the shards creation but I don't think the shard is 'too large' to implement any of these changes. Better to implement now (if its deemed best) than to not implement it for fear of upsetting people and watching the shard slowly collapse.

3. I was actually surprised by the 3 account limit on this shard as I believe it was very un-T2A accurate. Yes, some people had multiple accounts, but the majority of people only had a single account due to cost. Either way, you can never fully prevent multiple accounts due to proxies and such.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Imp

Post by Imp »

The typical picture of a freeshard: very few and the very same people killing each other over and over,
otherwise farming for 10th castle and pursuing the same kind of single-player goals.

They are sick with "repeatative levelling disorder".
No one talks to other people, since they are too busy levelling their own smith, carto, thief, carpenter, etc.

The real truth about era is that it took about 3-6 month to make a decent character, which can not survive on its own.

With Razor and fast skill/stats gain its already inaccurate (and maybe its right, startup curve should be easy), but total of 15 characters per account with housing rights for everyone - its a true incentive for "single-player" type.

I stayed on shard only because I logged on, and saw a real smith doing something in Brittain smithy.
That was so... non-typical, so I decided to stay and check it, maybe people there actually play the game, not levelling endless afk alts...

It will be better for the shard to limit accounts per IP to 2 and set 2 character slots per account.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

That's a good idea Imp, it would create a more siege-y shard, while letting people keep their most developed characters.

adamm

Post by adamm »

people dont like to pay the consequences for their actions so having one character wouldnt appease to many peoples style of playing.
nor would not having their own alchemist-poisoner/blacksmith/carpenter/item id mule/house mule for ban reasons//animaltamer/carto tmap-mib hunter/bard and an array of red and blue mages/gimps having one of everyone color for each weapon skill.

this is the style in which people play these days and i highly doubt its going to change back, it seems to just get worse as time goes on.