Windows 7 Freezefest 010'

Ultraboss

Windows 7 Freezefest 010'

Post by Ultraboss »

Hey I keep on experiencing a complete freeze up of my entire computer, mouse pointer and everything, every ten seconds or so when I have 3 clients on. When I close one and make it 2 the problem stops. I've turned off CPU reduction in Razor but that didn't seem to stop it. And I've been trying to disable throttling of my processor, but apparently its a little more complicated on my Acer 5532 Laptop than other computers, as the option to disable it isn't in BIOS.

Come on papa needs his multiclientz in order to get 3x the 1999 experience!!

Thank you

Ultraboss

Re: Windows 7 Freezefest 010'

Post by Ultraboss »

Ok so I set it so my processor always runs at 100% but im still getting this problem.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

If you are running client 5.0.8.3 you can try the patch I produced : http://forum.joinuo.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=175

I hope it helps on your system.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Ultraboss wrote:Hey I keep on experiencing a complete freeze up of my entire computer, mouse pointer and everything, every ten seconds or so when I have 3 clients on. When I close one and make it 2 the problem stops. I've turned off CPU reduction in Razor but that didn't seem to stop it. And I've been trying to disable throttling of my processor, but apparently its a little more complicated on my Acer 5532 Laptop than other computers, as the option to disable it isn't in BIOS.

Come on papa needs his multiclientz in order to get 3x the 1999 experience!!

Thank you
Make sure CPU reduction is turned off on all 3 instances of your Razor client.

Ultraboss

Post by Ultraboss »

Batlin wrote:If you are running client 5.0.8.3 you can try the patch I produced : http://forum.joinuo.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=175

Thanks I'll try that.

Heres a message I sent to Orion with my current situation.

Well I don't think its a issue with my internet because my whole computer freezes up every ten seconds or so, not just my clients, and I cant move my mouse and even my Windows Media Player stops playing music. So I turned off all my background programs and I have Smart Cpu reduction off on all my profiles, and I didn't have a virus scanner running, but it still didn't fix it. My latency to Uo t2a hovered around 90 and there was no packet loss, I am on a wireless, and I ought to go to wire but I still doubt that will fix it. I will try reinstalling UO and Razor and see what happens, I would blame the drivers or something but this is a brand new laptop so that shouldnt be a problem right? And I'm on Windows 7 by the way I dont know if I stated that or if it matters.

I'll have to go over it all again and see if I missed something.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Ultraboss wrote:
Batlin wrote:If you are running client 5.0.8.3 you can try the patch I produced : http://forum.joinuo.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=175

Thanks I'll try that.

Well I don't think its a issue with my internet because my whole computer freezes up every ten seconds or so, not just my clients, and I cant move my mouse and even my Windows Media Player stops playing music. So I turned off all my background programs and I have Smart Cpu reduction off on all my profiles, and I didn't have a virus scanner running, but it still didn't fix it. My latency to Uo t2a hovered around 90 and there was no packet loss, I am on a wireless, and I ought to go to wire but I still doubt that will fix it. I will try reinstalling UO and Razor and see what happens, I would blame the drivers or something but this is a brand new laptop so that shouldnt be a problem right? And I'm on Windows 7 by the way I dont know if I stated that or if it matters.

Now that I think about it, maybe you have a hardware issue with some component? I'd take it back and explain to them whats going on, since you say everything is affected. I have this philosophy on computers and electronics in general. If it's going to break, it will defect upon purchase or within the first 30 days or so. If it doesn't, then it will probably last a lifetime if cared for. Just because something is brand new doesn't mean it's in perfect working condition.

Ultraboss

Post by Ultraboss »

I tried opening Razor is Xp compatability mode and that didn't fix anything, ty for the suggestion though Orion, and as I mentioned previously I fixed throttling and disabled cpu usage in Razor and this is not a internet problem because my whole computers been freezing, and this computers brand new with all the fanciest drivers ect, not to mention magical 64 bit space alien technology.

Ok so I'm using Batlins patch which is awesome by the way, and cpu usage for a client is down to like 10 from 30, Batlin your the biggest badass on this side of the Mississippi, but alas despite all of these ingenius potential solutions to my exotic problem, My computer was still freezing.

So I decided to do a little Sherlock Holmes investigating to see wtf was going on, and strangely enough it seemed that it only froze when my mouse pointer was above my UO screen, it didn't freeze when it was on the task bar or on that top bar thing. So I Disabled run mouse in a seperate thread and what do you freaking know it stoped freeezing on me. Does any of this make sense to anybody? What does run mouse in a seperate thread even do? :?: :?:

Anyways im pretty satisfied that I finally got this stupid computer to run 3 clients without tweaking out on me like a cheap hooker.

Ultraboss

Post by Ultraboss »

orionsune wrote:
Ultraboss wrote:

Thanks I'll try that.

Now that I think about it, maybe you have a hardware issue with some component? I'd take it back and explain to them whats going on, since you say everything is affected. I have this philosophy on computers and electronics in general. If it's going to break, it will defect upon purchase or within the first 30 days or so. If it doesn't, then it will probably last a lifetime if cared for. Just because something is brand new doesn't mean it's in perfect working condition.
Hmmm that may be a good idea, I should go check to see what my options are as far as returning this thing is. Is there a way to test and see if everything in my computer is functioning properly?

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

A thread results from a fork of a computer program into two or more concurrently running tasks. this options means exactly that. When the mouse functions is in it's own thread it will be considered a separate thread from uo therefore the mouse functions do not share memory and cpu space with UO. Disabled, then the mouse functions and uo share the same memory and cpu space. You would think the separate thread would increase performance, but meh.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Testing computer .. eh you could benchmark the crap out of it .. which would (I would think ) use all of the computers devices etc over and over and if readings change by a lot without installing new programs etc. or running more programs.. then you might weed out some small problem or if the system is going to fail make it fail within warranty period. I think all parts came with some manufacturer warranty (or at least they use to).

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Ultraboss

Post by Ultraboss »

Chaos wrote:Testing computer .. eh you could benchmark the crap out of it .. which would (I would think ) use all of the computers devices etc over and over and if readings change by a lot without installing new programs etc. or running more programs.. then you might weed out some small problem or if the system is going to fail make it fail within warranty period. I think all parts came with some manufacturer warranty (or at least they use to).

Like Orthos? What kind of benchmarking program do you recommend? I got the computer like a month or 2 ago so I believe it should still be under warranty, and I haven't overclocked it or anything to void it lol.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

If it were me and my pc . I would as I said try to benchmark the crap out of it .. what program that is doing it I wouldn't think would matter as how many you can run .. your talking about working the crap out of it .. google free benchmark test .. make sure it comes from a good site and do the 2 secs of research before you run it. download and run them all at one time .. yes results will be much lower .. but system will be working much harder right.. (I thought question wasn't really bench mark but just working them system out that means the outcomes don't mean as much as it being able to handle it or designed for another resource heavy program to be running )

Anyways I shouldn't type this late I'm out till tomarrow.. But I'll bet by then Orion will post with good software that is free and can work the crap out of a system..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy