poly to orc when fighting someone with silver wep?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

poly to orc when fighting someone with silver wep?

Post by BenBrawl »

maybe im goin crazy, but i though somewhere along the line that if player 1 had a silver wep equiped, and player 2 polyed into a orc, that player 2 would do more damage that usual, just like a reg orc does against a silver wep?
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Faust

Re: poly to orc when fighting someone with silver wep?

Post by Faust »

Silver weapons only deal x2 the amount of damage to undead creatures.

Not quite sure what you are talking about, never heard of anything like that before.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The modification to damage that BenBrawl is speaking of was an addition during UOR with the virtue weapons. Each virtue weapon had an enemy virtue associated with it, and any time you were wielding a particular virtue weapon and you took damage from a source that was the opposite virtue as yourself (basically if the body id of whatever attacked you was considered the enemy virtue), the damage would be doubled.

In this specific circumstance, orcish damage was considered the enemy damage of silver damage. So, a person wielding a silver weapon who was attacked by an orc, or a player polymorphed in to an orc, would take double damage from that person or orc.

Also, since this is a system that was dependent on the virtue weapon system, and the virtue weapon system was implemented during UOR, this is outside of the time frame for UOSA.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

ok, ty for clearing that up, i forgot when i remember seeing this, just knew i had. i remember running around gys and polying into a orc when someone hada silver and then just comboing them, most times explode-ebolt would kill!
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Actually, i may be wrong but, if your holding a silver wep and someone does damage to you isn't it doubled? For some reason i thought that's how it use to be.