Update the main page more!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
robz

Update the main page more!

Post by robz »

The homepage is rarely updated.
Our homepage is what possible players see first, shouldn't it be updated more?

Picture of the week, last updated "by BlackFoot (9/13/2009)"

Need I say more?

Psilo

Re: Update the main page more!

Post by Psilo »

I know, it looks really bad. There's no telling how many people visit and and aren't thrilled to see that. Makes the shard look dead when it's not lol.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

I have a feeling it's due to people not submitting pictures, not because of laziness.

So, here's my input, pictures from the invasion of Serpants Hold.

Also, maybe a dedicated "picture of the week" thread, with possibly weekly awards, would get more people to take some quality screenshots of what goes on, on the shard.
Attachments
serpantshold.JPG
serps2.JPG
serps2.JPG (108.35 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

There should be no reward given to influence people to help better the shard.. Lol..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I have a feeling it's due to people not submitting pictures, not because of laziness.
Actually there's a thread with tons of good new screenshots, Derrick said he was going to get on it.

I think he's having an issue and can't fix it, cause screenshot of the week is very easy to code and setup on a website. Easy.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm working on a system by which players can submitted and vote on pictures daily. I finally started working on this last week and it's mostly coded but I haven't been able to get back to it :/
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

robz

Post by robz »

Thanks for all your work Derrick

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You can now upload pictures on the myUOSA site, and associate them with your character, and vote on them.

I'll try to get a more expanded write up on this tomorrow. You'll need to have an account on the myUOSA to upload pictures and vote.

You'll also be able to see your characters on the home page, but you must have registered the same email address to both your game account, and to your myUOSA account.

http://myt2a.com

The integration with the main website is pending some picture submissions, and some votes.

ps: note the pictures uploaded should be in game screenshots of course :)
Last edited by Derrick on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: addendum
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."