Murder count gump timeout

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Murder count gump timeout

Post by Ronk »

I do not believe this is strictly era accurate, which may nix the idea outright, but ive seen it used to good effect.

Basically, you put a timeout on the murder count gump. After, a couple of minutes if you have not reported a murder the gump auto chooses 'do not report' and goes away (or stays up till the user closes).

What this does is allow for the murder of afk people without taking counts. In the T2A era macroing did exist but it was not 'allowed'. Here we allow it, but some people dislike it. This change would force macroers to be a bit more smart and/or add some risk while allowing those who dislike the macroers (or those who want to try to get rich off a sloppy macroer) to more safely slay them.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

alatar

Re: Murder count gump timeout

Post by alatar »

sounds good, should be more like a 5-10 minute delay though
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Looking forward to hearing everyones thoughts on this.
As an informative point, currently the gump doesn't even expire on disconnects, log-outs, or shard restarts.

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

I think that it's fine the way it is. Why should ppl get a free pass on AFKers or macroers? If they aren't worth a murder count, don't kill them!

Zim

Post by Zim »

Murder is murder, don't do it, if you cant take the risk. In T2A I'm pretty sure you could hold onto the gump forever. I think there were even bugs on askchopper related to it.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

I agree with alatar and Ronk...10 minutes is good.

venox

Post by venox »

do it.
if players want to afk kill they will do it anyway with a dummy char if needed.

Zim

Post by Zim »

I have a razor macro ready, if anyone needs to give griefers murder counts. Should this get in. I don't see why new players macroing in town, should get killed without punishment to the murderer.

+ T2A days, you could hold onto a murderer gump FOREVER as payback. Why remove it, if its accurate.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Zim wrote:I have a razor macro ready, if anyone needs to give griefers murder counts. Should this get in. I don't see why new players macroing in town, should get killed without punishment to the murderer.

+ T2A days, you could hold onto a murderer gump FOREVER as payback. Why remove it, if its accurate.
True, not that I care either way on this but I would like to point out that in T2A days I could page a GM and have you banned for AFK macroing. Thats far worse than getting killed ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

kurai shinzou

Post by kurai shinzou »

brandonsantacruz wrote:I think that it's fine the way it is. Why should ppl get a free pass on AFKers or macroers? If they aren't worth a murder count, don't kill them!
Exactly.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I kill macroers a lot. I don't think we should make it any easier to do. Actions should have consequences. As far as afk macoring goes, there is nothing wrong with it, so it doesn't need to be punished. Macroing has been an integral part of UO since people macroed hiding by jamming down an F-key with a quarter.

nick_drake_pacfic

Post by nick_drake_pacfic »

I like the timeout idea.

I started on this shard this past weekend. I was at the Britain bank looking for hand-me-downs, and everyone there was afk macroing. I believe it's poor etiquette to macro at the Britain bank, one of the few places you can talk to and find an actual player (hopefully). Players should be more discreet with their unattended macroing.

Although, being a yoga disciple, I'm only observing, not judging :)