Cooking with Razor!

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Cooking with Razor!

Post by Safir »

Wow! That topic should be the title of a Cookbook! ;)

Ok, on to business! When cooking, use 1 food item at a time since it doesn't matter how many items you cook at once to gain skill. You can GM cooking by cooking regular old fishsteakes (considered the official food of Ultima Online) one at a time, thus you don't need to cook cakes to GM. Gaining cooking is really cheap since resources are unlimited, but to be completely honest, it's a useless skill to have since cooking regular fishsteakes has a chance of success even with 0 in the cooking skill.

To cook a regular piece of meat (or fish or w/e) all you need to do is to double click the meat you wish to cook and target a heat source. If you fail, the meat will be lost, if you succeed you'll have some food ready to be eaten. If you want to cook more than one piece of food at a time, you can double click the entire stack of food and then target a heat source. If you fail, about half of the meat will be lost in the attempt, but if you succeed, the entire stack will be cooked and ready to be consumed.

If you still have decided to get some cooking skills, this is how I've done it. I used the macro below in my house, restocking from a container and using a small forge to cook the items on. If you have enough resources, you can go afk and let it run.

Cooking with Razor!

This is how it should look inside Razor:
Exec: Restock Agent-1 (This restock agent should be to restock 1 piece of w/e food you want to cook)
Pause ,50sec
Absolute Target (The container from which you're restocking)
Pause 3,00sec ((!)Really important Pause, if you dun have this then the restock agent won't have time to put the single piece of food into your pack and you'll end up cooking the entire lot of your uncooked food reserves that you're using to gain in cooking)
Double Click (cut%s% of raw ribs (09F1)) (Or w/e food you want to cook)
Pause ,50sec
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (The heat source on which you're cooking the food items, in my case it's a small forge in my house)
Pause 6,00sec

This is how the code should look in the ".macro" file located in your Razor directory:

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1077224163|2037|398|13|3651
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|2545|True
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|5
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1078785112|2038|401|7|4017
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:06
I wish you all good luck "Cooking with Razor!", and make sure that you are FAR away from your entire stock of food when you initially try it out. You don't want Razor to cook it up all at once.
Last edited by Safir on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Cooking with Razor!

Post by Stormsong »

Thanks Safir.

Since you are bringing a fresh item to cook, I was worried that Razor would not recognize it. Sort of the same problem as doing tinkering or woodworking is. In those I had to keep some of the initial stack always available and restock it.

I'll try this tonight!.
Stormsong
Mistress of the Light
Keepers of the Light (KtL)
http://www.thektl.com/forums

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Well, it works for me. Just make sure that when you try it out, you keep the big stock of your raw food somewhere safe, ie really far away from your character, or in a locked container. Just in case Razor wants to eat all ur food up.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Here's a small tip, use your bank box. Have the macro take a step after restocking, and a step back after cooking (so you don't actually end up walking away from the bank :lol: )
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

RoadKill wrote:Here's a small tip, use your bank box. Have the macro take a step after restocking, and a step back after cooking (so you don't actually end up walking away from the bank :lol: )
Well, are there banks with heat sources near them? It's a serious question, I have no idea... haha!

Furync

Post by Furync »

Safir wrote:
RoadKill wrote:Here's a small tip, use your bank box. Have the macro take a step after restocking, and a step back after cooking (so you don't actually end up walking away from the bank :lol: )
Well, are there banks with heat sources near them? It's a serious question, I have no idea... haha!

I believe Minoc has a fireplace of sorts. But not 100% sure... worth a look.
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I thought Id post a couple simple tweaks I made to this that just makes it go a little faster.
Safir wrote: Exec: Restock Agent-1 (This restock agent should be to restock 1 piece of w/e food you want to cook)
Pause ,50sec
Pause 3,00sec ((!)Really important Pause, if you dun have this then the restock agent won't have time to put the single piece of food into your pack and you'll end up cooking the entire lot of your uncooked food reserves that you're using to gain in cooking)
Pause ,50sec
Wait for Target <---- this can just be deleted, just the .5 sec pause will work just fine.
Absolute Target (The heat source on which you're cooking the food items, in my case it's a small forge in my house)
Pause 6,00sec<---- this should be changed to 2.5 seconds because its 6 seconds total between cooks and you already have a 3 second and a .5 second one in there
Enjoy.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Germ

Post by Germ »

Minoc does have a fireplace inside.

Germ

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Kabal wrote:I thought Id post a couple simple tweaks I made to this that just makes it go a little faster.
Safir wrote: Exec: Restock Agent-1 (This restock agent should be to restock 1 piece of w/e food you want to cook)
Pause ,50sec
Pause ,50sec
Wait for Target <---- this can just be deleted, just the .5 sec pause will work just fine.
Pause 6,00sec<---- this should be changed to 2.5 seconds because its 6 seconds total between cooks and you already have a 3 second and a .5 second one in there
Enjoy.
Digging this up yet again as I'm working this skill at the moment, just wanted to say kabal nailed it with these modifications.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Blood

Post by Blood »

It is possible to GM cooking with raw fish steaks? :|

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Yes. Just make sure your doing them one fishteak at a time.

Blood

Post by Blood »

Is there any benefit from having GM cooking instead of lets say 30 or 70?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Your cooking skill is the same as your chance for success. Not a big deal when cooking a few things at a time, but on a stack of 60k fishteaks, a 50% (for 50 cooking) chance of loosing all of them might not be acceptable.

You can always minimize the risk by cooking smaller stacks, but over time you'll still waste a certain percentage.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Cooking

I usually macro cooking for stats until at or near GM, then cook any other fishteaks I have laying around in bulk before I drop it.

Cheech

Post by Cheech »

im new with razor and i got your macro figure out except for the restock agent -1 i know where it is in razor I set mine at raw fish steak using the hotkey f1 but i cant manage to make it work and i dunno whats wrong

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Cheech wrote:im new with razor and i got your macro figure out except for the restock agent -1 i know where it is in razor I set mine at raw fish steak using the hotkey f1 but i cant manage to make it work and i dunno whats wrong
stand next to a forge
have a bag or box with 74747463627 fish steaks in it
click "target hotbag" in agents tab of razor then target the bag with the steaks in it

begin recording macro
use hotkey to initiate restock agent from the bag
double click fish steak
target forge

adjust timers and let it run.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*