Bankers

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
punk

Bankers

Post by punk »

Does anyone else remember the bankers standing in different spot / their range being different? For instance, in Vesper or Delucia, I used to bank on the side of the banks where now currently you aren't in the bankers range.

Minor, but kind of annoying...
Erik [Hu]

Psilo

Re: Bankers

Post by Psilo »

I agree, vesper seems to be off a bit too. Also, moonglow and brit west for that matter = )

platypus

Post by platypus »

Type "! bank" (without the quotes of course) to yell the word "bank". I've noticed that NPCs can "hear" your commands from much further away (~an extra screen away) when you yell the command. Yelling also works with stables; I've claimed my pets from outside of Delucia guard zone before by yelling.

punk

Post by punk »

platypus wrote:Type "! bank" (without the quotes of course) to yell the word "bank". I've noticed that NPCs can "hear" your commands from much further away (~an extra screen away) when you yell the command. Yelling also works with stables; I've claimed my pets from outside of Delucia guard zone before by yelling.
Doesn't seem to work for me, I got one tile outside the range of the banker and tried it, bank didnt come up... also I'm not sure if making a macro of it is possible, just adding ! to the beginning of a "say" macro doesn't do it.

I'm still not able to bank where I used to bank back in the day...
Erik [Hu]

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Did you place a space after the exclaimation in order to yell?

I just tried it in Glow and it didn't seem to make a difference.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

punk wrote:also I'm not sure if making a macro of it is possible, just adding ! to the beginning of a "say" macro doesn't do it.
you can select Yell instead of Say in the uo macros

punk

Post by punk »

Okay but it doesn't seem to make a difference with Bankers whether its yelled or said. I still cant bank on right right side of Vesper or Delucia bank, places where I used to be able to on OSI.
Erik [Hu]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I completely forgot about "yell", I wonder, does "whisper" work here as well? I remember using that to command hirelings/pets to kill without letting someone know I was about to attack them.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I tried the whisper kill thing when i first got my tamer working a long time ago and it didn't work...haven't tried it recently.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

punk

Post by punk »

Note that Yelling works at the stables, at least in Delucia I was able to stable and claim a pet by yelling when saying "stable" or "claim" didn't work. Banking must work a little differently because it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Erik [Hu]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The yell and whisper doesn't work for most NPC's and pers this is something that should be fixed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."