Event Gates

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Event Gates

Post by Mikel123 »

Can you set event gates to not allow people in if they're currently an aggressor?

It's a little tiresome getting attacked by people in Buc's and then having them run into the gate once they see someone fight back.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Event Gates

Post by GuardianKnight »

Seconded....
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

NO

You guys do realize that this will make people camp the gate and attack you so YOU cant use the gate to escape. To top it off, (bucs for instance) the gate is in a tiny little house, if you go in and the door is blocked, you are screwed.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Matron i believe he was saying he wants the aggressor to not be able to get through the gates. I wouldn't be behind something that would hurt the victim. I think the point is to stop the aggressor from attacking you and then using the event gate to escape when the tides turn.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

punk

Post by punk »

MatronDeWinter wrote:NO

You guys do realize that this will make people camp the gate and attack you so YOU cant use the gate to escape. To top it off, (bucs for instance) the gate is in a tiny little house, if you go in and the door is blocked, you are screwed.
Then don't run into the house if you're being chased or are an aggressor? The only reason anyone should have for going into the house/gate is to go to the event... not to get away from someone.
Erik [Hu]

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

GuardianKnight wrote:Matron i believe he was saying he wants the aggressor to not be able to get through the gates. I wouldn't be behind something that would hurt the victim. I think the point is to stop the aggressor from attacking you and then using the event gate to escape when the tides turn.
Bingo. I said "if you're an aggressor". And the gate I've seen this happen at was in front of the bank, not in that house thing.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mikel123 wrote: Bingo. I said "if you're an aggressor".
My mistake

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I just realized, it literally is like a moongate to Trammel. So I can say:

OMFG IT'S SO TRAMMEL!