Karma & Fame

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Karma & Fame

Post by Mikel123 »

http://web.archive.org/web/199910222311 ... /dread.htm
NOTES & RUMORS

Murdering other players will NOT take you to Dread, even if the player is a Glorious Lord/Lady

Sandro

Re: Karma & Fame

Post by Sandro »

So I tell you how to get Dread Lord, then you try to nerf my status?

I see how this works then.

Killing players with the highest karma has always resulted in a serious karma loss. Your article was obviously not written by somebody who chose to make a living of murdering.

Murders don't drop you to Dread status, it's only when you murder those who have 10000+ karma.

I'll think twice before giving information away next time :?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

platy

Post by platy »

GM Scholar wearing plate.. reminds me of Beta
o.O

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sandro wrote:So I tell you how to get Dread Lord, then you try to nerf my status?

I see how this works then.

Killing players with the highest karma has always resulted in a serious karma loss. Your article was obviously not written by somebody who chose to make a living of murdering.

Murders don't drop you to Dread status, it's only when you murder those who have 10000+ karma.

I'll think twice before giving information away next time :?
First off, I'm not nerfing anything. You got your status from an inaccuracy, and you'll keep it after this gets fixed. Going forward, your status is going to be more rare. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

The article is called BECOMING DREAD, and expressly details the fame and karma loss associated with particular activities. The author specifically mentions that you cannot get Dread from killing players, even Glorious Lords. Now Stratics has some accuracy issues in some areas, but this sounds to me like someone tested pretty extensively.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

The author is wrong..

Killing a highest positive karma aligned player always dropped your karma tremendously. You can go from Glorious down to Infamous in a few kills against someone who has 10000+ Karma.

This never happened (and the author is obviously unaware) because very few people we're multi-clienting in 1999, and those who we're weren't really spending their time killing themselves for karma loss.

Also, stratics is mostly user-added input, in which case many players aren't even sure of what they're talking about. I could go through some links and justify that, but you seem already aware of such.

I've been using this same method for years, on UOSA and on production servers.. My characters on Atlantic & Siege Perilous we're always "the Outcast" (-5 tier karma) because at the time I had no desire to deal with stat loss, so I would just stay below 5 murder counts. I never participated in any karma or fame farming, and for the longest time (if not the entire time) stayed on "the Outcast", even while killing other murderer's, in which I would gain karma.

I am stating the article is a bit misinforming, because some claims are simply not true. I would understand if a representative from Origin had written that, but that is just not the case here.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

Umm, this argument could be wrapped up easily by using the demo since the reputation system exists on there...

Ask Batlin and you shall receive.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I didn't think you could get Dread lord status on this server .
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sandro wrote: I am stating the article is a bit misinforming, because some claims are simply not true. I would understand if a representative from Origin had written that, but that is just not the case here.
I don't think you can be "The Murderer The Outcast Alatar Grandmaster Whatever". I might be mistaken, siege is a bit different (red is basically perma-grey) and I forget if reds got the "murderer" title there or not.

Ifrit

Post by Ifrit »

GuardianKnight wrote:I didn't think you could get Dread lord status on this server .

Of course you can, but it's pretty meaningless along with any other title, other than for looks.
Has been that way since the Noto patch years and years ago.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Can I get a BUMP BUMP?

Batlin, any word?

Faust

Post by Faust »

I would probably try to PM him.

He is out of town today and has been doing a lot of hard work on the new swing timer.