Is the trophy system broke?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Do we need a reworked trophy system.

Yes, the system needs to be reworked.
76%
No, the system is fine as it stands.
24%

Total votes: 29

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Is the trophy system broke?

Post by BlackFoot »

The trophy list has changed a few times already based on how many things have been turned in for. Some items were raised and some were lowered. A few new items made the list also.

In my opinion the value of these items on the list should not be compared to the gold value of those trophys.
The end item you turn your trophys in for is a prize for your activity and participation on UOSA.

While it may seem odd that it costs 75 points for a potted plant where you can buy one for 100k judging by the current gold value for a trophy, you could also just participate in events and have fun and get that potted plant for free.

I have aquired some pretty neato items over the last couple years that people say are worth millions of gps. I still think thats kind of funny as I have received all of these items for free.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

BlackFoot wrote:The trophy list has changed a few times already based on how many things have been turned in for. Some items were raised and some were lowered. A few new items made the list also.

In my opinion the value of these items on the list should not be compared to the gold value of those trophys.
The end item you turn your trophys in for is a prize for your activity and participation on UOSA.

While it may seem odd that it costs 75 points for a potted plant where you can buy one for 100k judging by the current gold value for a trophy, you could also just participate in events and have fun and get that potted plant for free.

I have aquired some pretty neato items over the last couple years that people say are worth millions of gps. I still think thats kind of funny as I have received all of these items for free.

Theres still a small niche of players, such as myself that have a pvm tamer and play that character amost exclusivly. This pretty much limits my number of events I can participate in to PVM invasions, which only happen once in a blue moon. Therefor, its pretty hard for me to get trophys any other way then to buy them.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Faust

Post by Faust »

That is why the current events need to lose this "instance" based status and get incorporated into the real world with some alterations allowing most if not all playstyles to participate in them.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I run an event every friday you would fit in great for. Prizes are determined as seen fit by admin but the event itself is usually pretty fun, tamers welcome
bagball you dont need any skills at all. Many player run events have trophys given out that most players can participate in regardless of their characters development or their chosen skill set

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

Well my main point was on the 50 and 75 point prizes. 50 points is about atm 750k but even if it was only 350k these are still way off base. 75 points for a deamon bone armor is nuts as you can just farm those and they are worth maybe 8k. Even the 50 point ranger armor is a much much better deal. I just would like to see lower end items that people would want to use their points on so that these players that dont get to play much or dont get to do alot of events might actually have something worth saving up their points for wrather than sell them off. Other than that I like the rewards.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I can see how if you plan on buying all your trophy points this could be a bit steep. On the other hand if you earn your trophy points through events those prizes' point costs are very reasonable.

25 points if you dont play often would take you about 2 months probably a lot less at the current schedule rate. I think 2 months to get a nice stack of lqiuor bottles or another rare, for free, doesnt seem out of line.

What other kind of prizes do you think would be good for the low end of the list?

Anon

Post by Anon »

@ topic

yes. :roll: