Stones and Items

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Tom Bombadil

Stones and Items

Post by Tom Bombadil »

Hello,

Thank you for helping such an unseasoned player, it certainly has been a while. Can someone briefly describe how the Items and Stones are calculated. If there is a limit to 125 Items and 400 Stones to a secure box in a house, how is that broken down for what I put in. Just a little confused. Thanks so much.

-Tom Bombadil

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stones and Items

Post by SJane3384 »

Tom Bombadil wrote:Hello,

Thank you for helping such an unseasoned player, it certainly has been a while. Can someone briefly describe how the Items and Stones are calculated. If there is a limit to 125 Items and 400 Stones to a secure box in a house, how is that broken down for what I put in. Just a little confused. Thanks so much.

-Tom Bombadil
Every item has a weight (in stones). So for instance, if you have a rune and a dye tub, the rune might weigh 1 stone, the dye tub 10.
Item count just means number of things in a box.

So. What that means, is since you have this box with the 125 item, 400 stone limit, you can only have 125 runes in the box even though they only weigh 125 stones. Conversely, you can only have 40 dye tubs in the box even though the item limit is 125. Understand?

The only exception I've found to this (for sure in bank boxes, not sure about other containers), is stackable items. The stack only counts as two of whatever, not however many you have. So say you have a stack of 200 regs that weigh 1 stone each. The game will only count it as 2 items, 2 stones.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Ashikata
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ashikata »

The above is correct, except stacked items weigh the normal amount as though they were seperate, it's not reduced.
[I-C] Infernal Covenant - The single most adored, envied and accomplished guild throughout the history of UO.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Ashikata wrote:The above is correct, except stacked items weigh the normal amount as though they were seperate, it's not reduced.

Well then how come when I get "The container is full" message (without being over item limit) I can still stack stuff (with bank box at least)?
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Ashikata
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ashikata »

SJane3384 wrote:
Ashikata wrote:The above is correct, except stacked items weigh the normal amount as though they were seperate, it's not reduced.

Well then how come when I get "The container is full" message (without being over item limit) I can still stack stuff (with bank box at least)?
That's just your bank, which as far as I'm aware doesn't have a weight limit. Gold also doesn't count towards the item limit in your bank.
[I-C] Infernal Covenant - The single most adored, envied and accomplished guild throughout the history of UO.

Tom Bombadil

Post by Tom Bombadil »

Thank you folks, I understand now. Much in the appreciation category.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

In a secure house it is a safe bet to just lock down not secure for max holdings

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Tom Bombadil

Post by Tom Bombadil »

Sounds good, when I finally get a house ill try it.

-Tom

Return to “Guides”