Lvl 1 Maps

Topics related to Second Age
SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Lvl 1 Maps

Post by SJane3384 »

Today in IRC, Blackfoot brought forth an interesting theory.

Since lvl 1 T Maps take almost no time to do and guarantee you at least 1000gp, plus the chance of spawning 1 or more valuable weps, they are one of the best items in game for effort vs profit.

Anybody want to test it out, and post results?
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Lvl 1 Maps

Post by Mikel123 »

Complete waste of time, in my opinion. They typically have maybe 3 magic weapons in them, which includes cleavers, gnarled staves, fortified leather gorgets, etc.

You have to strain your eyes to figure out what number chest the map is for, then hope it's not an island with snakes and alligators (seems like about 50% of the time it is), because if it is you have to waste a few minutes provoking them onto each other or killing them. Not to mention silver serpents, which have killed me in jungles an awkward number of times as I trap myself between trees and those little light green weeds that block movement.

Then 10-15 seconds to dig up the chest, a little more time to unlock it and grab the stuff, etc.

Even if I could acquire them for free, it's hardly worth the effort compared to a lich lord or blood elemental. I know where those are ever time, they have 800 gp, they're free, and have almost as many magic weapons and gems and such. The only thing treasure chests really have over them is that they're so isolated, you never run into other people farming or PKing.

Layt

Post by Layt »

Mikel123 wrote:Not to mention silver serpents, which have killed me in jungles an awkward number of times as I trap myself between trees and those little light green weeds that block movement.
QFT

punk

Post by punk »

I don't even pick up level 1 or 2 maps when a MOB has them out in the wild. I have tried to make them profitable but they are just not.
Erik [Hu]

Fish

Post by Fish »

Are fished up maps level 1?

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Fish wrote:Are fished up maps level 1?
Yep.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

They are very good money if you like to do that kind of thing. You can make 20+k an hour so if you are just starting out or dont want to mess with the pks or other blues while farming its a great way to make money.

momquab
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by momquab »

I've managed to make a fair bit of money off a bunch of Lvl 1 maps I had (around 40 of them).

I just zoomed around, dug them up and whilst all the low level spawn where killing each other - thank you provocation! - I just loot the chest dry, ID everything and sell all the crap and I would generally make around 1500 (give or take 300gp or so) per chest.

Its a good little distraction at least if you've got an hour to waste and a back-log of maps sitting in your bank! Saying that, think I will go through the rest of my maps later tonight after work!

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I had the impression SOS chests are random 1-3. No level 1 chest gives 3k and atleast 1 vanq every time.

calista

Post by calista »

Hes talking about the lvl 1 maps you fish up not the MIBS

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

ah ok

riant
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by riant »

Well, I bought a couple on Bigoud's vender. The pack said "RANDOM LEVEL FROM IDOC NO CLUE" or something that effect. Only 1500 each, figure what the heck, Bigoud is well known, he wouldn't pull something like that. Surprise surprise the two I bought were level 1 (yes I know, I'm such a sucker). That guy continues to astound me. What was really stupid of me is that any established player knows that all they have to do is click on a map once with a player who has 0 cartography and they can tell the map is level 1 (if it doesn't say "too difficult to decode"), so it doesn't make much sense for any vendor to have a small group of maps where there is a possibility to have level 1s (I could understand a large group of maps because it would be time consuming to check every one). But I figured for 1500 it wouldn't be that big of the rip-off, and Bigoud is an EXPERT at doing those "gray area" tactics that no one can outright accuse of scamming (I have a bait-and-switch thread about him somewhere too).

But anyway, back to the thread topic. I think it's ok to do one or two here and there to break up monotony but I wouldn't purchase a large pack of them and spend all day doing them. You do get vanqs out of them on occasion.
Pepin
Alfred
Witchfoot
Lilly B

momquab
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by momquab »

If you bought the LVL 1 maps at 1500 at the very least you'll break even or if you're lucky - a tasty vanq weapon!

Need to get training up my Thunter as ive started getting higher lvl maps from bigger hunts now!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

ive done about 50 lvl 1 maps in last 2 days, taken maybe 90 minutes
I am making about equal to what i make with my tamer at gazers if you include the super high end weapons im gettin
and 0 risk
pick or chose
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

BlackFoot wrote:ive done about 50 lvl 1 maps in last 2 days, taken maybe 90 minutes
I am making about equal to what i make with my tamer at gazers if you include the super high end weapons im gettin
and 0 risk
pick or chose
there is no way in hell. The time it takes to dig up a chest alone will spawn an elder or two, nevermind recalling around and having to find where the map is at.

Selling 50 lvl 1 tmaps.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat