Beware of this vendor

Buying/Selling Magic Armor/Weapons/Items

Moderator: Trade Moderators

riant
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Beware of this vendor

Post by riant »

Just bought a vanq katana that armslored as "falling apart". My fault...It was 4K and I was too lazy to arms lore and didn't follow the age-old of advice "if it's too good to be true". Yes, yes...it serves me right for be greedy, etc. etc.

And I know the vendor never claimed that the stuff was unused.

All that said (just trying to avoid the canned responses)...just want to warn people that the stuff is used (or at least potentially very used) so be careful.
Attachments
namnlsz.png
namnlsz.png (68.32 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
Pepin
Alfred
Witchfoot
Lilly B

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Beware of this vendor

Post by Mikel123 »

Honestly, all of the fuss about used vs unused is somewhat irrelevant, if you have a smith as an alt.

Repairing an item takes something like 0, 1, or 2 max HPs off of the item, and then restores it's current to the max. Since weapon damage is based on % of HPs, a weapon with 50/50 HP will perform the same as one with 49/49. Of course, if each item loses 10 HP through use, 39/49 is a lower percentage than 40/50 (by a smidge) so in that sense it's worse... but it's basically unnoticeable.

If you don't have a smith as an alt, I've got a GM smith and I'll repair the weapon for you if you'd like.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Ah yes, the true spirit of UO.. Have 3 accounts and have a 7x GM char of every type so you never need to buy crafted items or deal with other players in anyway.

"I don't see the fuss about having to buy [GM armor, weapons, kegs] if you have a [GM smith, tailor, alchemist]. You're all lazy bums."

yakkabakka

Post by yakkabakka »

if there were no lazy bums who would you buy GM weaps from?

Nexis

Post by Nexis »

im the one who owns the vendor and a thougth it was obvious that it was used how els will sell a dureble +20 vanq katana for 4k weapons that are unused sais it on the lable. I hope that you can get your mind straith and remove this claim of a scaming vendor becuz i havent done anything wrong, but hey thanks for the publisity.
other questions about the vendor?
Vilja, rätt & mannamod!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Panthor the Hated wrote:Ah yes, the true spirit of UO.. Have 3 accounts and have a 7x GM char of every type so you never need to buy crafted items or deal with other players in anyway.

"I don't see the fuss about having to buy [GM armor, weapons, kegs] if you have a [GM smith, tailor, alchemist]. You're all lazy bums."
Cause yeah... you're making a real good case for dealing with people such as yourself.

Riant... I will buy the katana for you if you like for 5k. I'm not that rich, but I don't like to see people get ripped off.

Nexis

Post by Nexis »

He wanst ripped of!, it was used if it want ill sell it on the forum for like 10-20 k

if he fell so sad about it Ill buy it back.
Vilja, rätt & mannamod!

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

I think the original issue raised in this post is a good point....anyone who consistently sells used weapons or armor is worth mentioning, and if they go so far as to sell items that are falling apart, I'd want to know so I could avoid them.

It's not even a question of whether it should be considered scamming or not, but personally I'd want to know of such vendors so I could avoid buying from them....and if everyone else took the same attitude, it might change the vendor's business practices....thanks riant for pointing this situation out.

Teph

Post by Teph »

Nexis wrote:im the one who owns the vendor and a thougth it was obvious that it was used how els will sell a dureble +20 vanq katana for 4k weapons that are unused sais it on the lable. I hope that you can get your mind straith and remove this claim of a scaming vendor becuz i havent done anything wrong, but hey thanks for the publisity.
other questions about the vendor?
its very easy to add notes to items on your vendor, at the very least let your customers know what they are buying. when people find a good vendor they tend to come back and even tell their friends about them

Nexis

Post by Nexis »

fine, ill will mark all stuff that i know is used used, but i thougth it was obvius that it was why els would i sell a + katana of Vanq for 4k?!? if u have a blacksmith you can fix it and sell it for like 15 k plus, stuff that was unused is alredy named unused. but then ill hope you will make all the stuff you sell unused. and is i said i can buy back the katana if he is so sad about it.

you guys only want something to whine about, you dont care what its about you just want to whine
Vilja, rätt & mannamod!