Looking for ideas for a departure event...

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Oderus Urungus

Re: Looking for ideas for a departure event...

Post by Oderus Urungus »

Why not just let it fall in a house, post pic of the location and all the loot with last time refreshed.
Even better, why not do it T2A accurate. Goto the bank and just start dropping items randomly with a few trapped chests...

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

If you want a blaze of glory send-off, strip your banks and properties of everything in them and move it all to your most valuable property. Place a key to each of the empty properties amid the piles of crap in the other place. Allow the loaded place to idoc. Make known the estimated time of the fall. Sit back and watch the carnage. After the dust settles, the folks who found the keys come to you at a specified time and place where you gate to the various properties, whoever can unlock the door gets the place. This is how I planned to depart Sonoma back when I had the goods, then my inner capitalist took over and I Ebayed instead...lol

If you want something along the lines of an equal opportunity community thing, perhaps a lottery. To discourage (not completely curtail Im sure) fraud or unfair advantage, it could be handled on a per ip as opposed to a per account basis. Qualifying players (whatever time played/activity/age requirements deemed suitable) are allowed to participate. At designated date and time or for a time period, those players are issued a lottery ticket by the staff. The belongings are split between the properties, winner of each property gets the house and contents.

One is more exciting and "eventful", the other more magnanimous and easier on the non-pvp folk.

Or, take Blackfoot up on his offer. Which is something you might regret less later.

Oderus Urungus

Post by Oderus Urungus »

I thought you said you was quitin was this just a cry for attention?

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Oderus Urungus wrote:I thought you said you was quitin was this just a cry for attention?
I thought the french were supposed to be GM quiters too?
?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Caswallon wrote:I thought the french were supposed to be GM quiters too?
FOR SALE - MAS Modèle 36 French infantry rifle. Never fired, dropped twice, includes bayonet/white flag holder. These are unfortunately ubiquitous, so asking price will be low. Make Offer.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

riant
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by riant »

Personally, Bigoud, I think you should take a close look at nickhimself's idea. You're main thing was being a merchant and if the shard knows that there are ultra-cheap rares on vendors spread throughout the shard, that would promote players checking out vendors which would boost the economy.

Also, you can take a combination of ideas. Place some items on vendors, put some in empty dungeon chests, do a Santa day, a pvp tournament with prizes, a day of dropping loot at WBB and leave what's left in your houses to go IDOC.

Delete characters. Otherwise, you'll suffer my fate (and a bunch of others) and just end up coming back. You'll tell yourself that starting from scratch makes it exciting and challenging and and more fun and before you know it you'll be posting Buy threads looking for vendor property.
Pepin
Alfred
Witchfoot
Lilly B

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Drop all the prices on your vendor by half.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

This was what I suggested chumbucket do with his B_D castle deed payoff:

Start the Bigoud fund. Give the money to Blackfoot or Guardian Knight, or someone, and have that person or group of people administer the gold to new players. Buy a large brick house, with basic macroing stuff (Daids, knives, bone armor, scrolls) and have your trustee co-own new players for their training.

Bringing fresh faces into the field is the best way to help the community in my book, and I know starting here is tough.

Oderus Urungus

Post by Oderus Urungus »

hiicha wrote:
Caswallon wrote:I thought the french were supposed to be GM quiters too?
FOR SALE - MAS Modèle 36 French infantry rifle. Never fired, dropped twice, includes bayonet/white flag holder. These are unfortunately ubiquitous, so asking price will be low. Make Offer.
hah funny stuff

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Bigoud wrote:as good things always come to an end, I shall soon leave

got plenty of houses, rares, gold...

I want to celebrate the good time I had here, and thanks derrick again.

what are you guys thinking of as a cool event ?
How about you donate to Derrick?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS