Some general questions on game mechanics and society here

Moderator: Support Moderators

Shane2

Some general questions on game mechanics and society here

Post by Shane2 »

I have returned to this game after 8 years or so, and have some questions. I played UO on Siege Perilous only for the 2 1/2 years I played this game (99-01) and I'm finding that alot of my memories of the game are not at all how they work here. Ive also forgotten a bit after all that time. I know that Siege was a unique shard so I have some probably dumb questions about how things function-

1) No magic in towns at all? If so, under what circumstances?
2) Recall didn't work on Siege, does it work from anyplace here? (Dungeons for example?)
3) As a corollary to the above, do gates work in dungeons?
4) If you die under stat loss, just how much do you lose?
5) PK's here- do they generally leave each other alone or hunt and kill each other actively? Solo acts or gank squads?
6) Grey flagging- just to verify, no counts for greys, correct?
7) I have seen the term "insta res" used- what is it and how is it used?
8) Ive seen people in towns loot something from a body by moving it to the ground then picking it up- does this prevent going grey or something? (I was never much of a town person, and the guards resented me deeply for the last year or so)
9) Order/Chaos- Im guessing a mechanism to get people fighting without murder counts?
10) Do any Siege alumni from the early years of the shard play here?

Likely I'll have a few more, but thats what I can think of right now off the top of my head. Any help is appreciated, thanks. Yes, i could spend 3648269 hours surfing the various forums and probably answer some of these but If some locals can cut the research time it would be helpful.

nightmare

Re: Some general questions on game mechanics and society here

Post by nightmare »

Well I dont have a pk so I cant say for sure what they do but I have seen pks attack other pks and I know that there are pk guilds that run with other pk guilds so I dont know which is the norm. You can cast magic in town but it does't do any dmg except maybe poison. You can recall and gate on this server including the first and second lvl of the dungeons but not the 3rd. I dont think taking something from a body and putting it on the ground does anything to keep you from going grey as you will go grey just from moving something in a blue corps. Yea the order/chaos is just another way to help increase pvp between guilds. I hope this helps you out and I wish I knew more about the pk side of it all

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Some general questions on game mechanics and society here

Post by Caswallon »

1. No magic damage in town, you can cast, but it does one damage.
2. Unrestricted recall to and from anywhere.[Except Lost Lands - Britania or vice versa]
3. Yes, as above.
4. Not entirely sure but I believe its based on short terms counts, and the maximum is 20%. http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Stat_loss
5. Depends. Some roll solo and believe in red vs blue, some attack anyone, some roll in gank squards, some PK guild do co-operate. Pretty spread tbh.
6. Not sure what you mean but no, grey criminals cant give counts, thief's cannot receive counts or will be kicked out of the NPC thief's guild.
7. No idea, no insta ress here. Has been used as time frame reference to verify accuracy on certain things however.
8. No, if you remove an item from a blue body you will go grey, could have been guildmates looting each other.
9. Yes but no one uses it like in era, there are not many townies here, its just used as you say to lessen counts. Most PvP guilds go order/chaos then war everyone.
10. No idea.
?

Return to “New Player Help”