A few questions on skills/making money to support skillgain

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
notaclue6184

A few questions on skills/making money to support skillgain

Post by notaclue6184 »

Howdy,
I've been playing uo since the beginning and t2a is probably my favorite, so I'm happy I found this shard and merry Christmas. I'm wondering how to make a from shore macro in Razor for fishing so I can gain enough to possibly make some loot to get some real chars going. I played Atlantic and other free shards off and on throughout the years and while osi went to hell it was nice to log on and see 500+ players on in 09. Also how can i rake in some loot with some newbie characters, it has been awhile since I've started from the ground up with no friends and its more difficult than I remember. Any tips would be appreciated....and I mean both kind of tips like advice/money....kidding....no but seriously :roll:

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: A few questions on skills/making money to support skillgain

Post by Daolin »

What are your interests in the game? Pretty much any template can begin making money on their own, and gain skill doing it.

notaclue6184

Post by notaclue6184 »

well I have a guy about to gm Provo right now and have a dexer with 50 healing and 50 tactics about 60 hiding and 30 macing... I can't kill anything and have a hard time making any loot when it takes 10min to kill a zombie. But I enjoy pvm and PVP once i can make enough to support it of course

*also on a side note were slayer weapons like dragon slayer ogre slaying etc. available in t2a? and were tribal people there yet?
Last edited by notaclue6184 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

30 macing? Hmm.. I would suggest fighting goats, cows, hinds and bulls in Delucia. You can collect plenty of wool to make cloth and bandaids there. You may be able to sell that leather to a player, or even sell to an NPC. Bulls can actually take you to GM combat no problem.

As soon as you can (~50 skill), I would then suggest mixing in skeletons (preferably Yew GY) to collect free bone armor and skill gain.

80+ I would suggest elementals. Preferably water, air, and fire elementals to mix in some good resist. There are good pockets of these spawns in Shame.

** Gaining skill AND money at the same time!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Brit Sewers...I have been training my new creation in there and I am already 71 in fencing and tactics just from rats and frogs. Also if you keep running back and forth you can come out with over a grand each time after you are done when your skill gets a tad higher not to mention I havent seen a PK in there ever.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

No savages, or slayer weapons.

notaclue6184

Post by notaclue6184 »

thanks everyone for the replies, much appreciated I think I'll take a combo of this solid advice, though more is always welcome.

Zane

Post by Zane »

If you're just looking to get your characters rolling, then what everyone has said is good advice.

If you want to do a fisherman though, go for it. It's a tough skill to go with because of the monotony, but it's also a great way to be self sufficient either by selling/using tmaps or once you get to mibs.

As far as a macro goes, just record yourself fishing left, right, and in front of you (give it some space too) and then add the pauses. You may want to add hiding in there as well. Fishing from shore is really very basic. It's once you get at sea that you'll want something more elaborate, but remember no afk fishing out there.

notaclue6184

Post by notaclue6184 »

thanks Zane I was semi aware that there is no rescource gathering afk macroing, could anyone else give me a crash course on what other types of macroing might get me into trouble?

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

Fishing is a great way to make money so I would do that regardless of making other chars. To make your other chars I would make 2 accounts and go to yew to get wool for band aids and after making your bandaids then just have them spar each other until you get high enough to fight monsters that you can make decent gold from. Then just run around NE of yew and fight those mobs for a bit. I was making 5-6k an hour doing that which isnt alot but it gets you the regs and suplies you need for other chars and your magery and pks almost never run around out there. Also as far as I am aware of unattended macoing of resources is the only macroing that will get you in trouble. Although there are people that will open a gate next to you and kill you if your macroing in town so until you get your house its best to atleast keep checking in on your chars as you have them macro up their skills.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: A few questions on skills/making money to support skillg

Post by Caswallon »

notaclue6184 wrote:thanks Zane I was semi aware that there is no rescource gathering afk macroing, could anyone else give me a crash course on what other types of macroing might get me into trouble?
Any AFK resource gathering such as mining ore, deep sea fishing[shore is fine], lumberjacking, wool gathering, mob farming and so on. If the action in question results in you gathering any kind of raw material, gold or saleable items, you cannot AFK it.

Actually using a resource such as smithing, or carpentry, however, is fine.

Note: AFK Fishing from shore is no longer allowed
Last edited by Derrick on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: AFK fishing from shore is no longer allowed.
?

Return to “Guides”