Lockpicking and Detecting Hidden

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Lockpicking and Detecting Hidden

Post by Kabal »

How much detecting hidden does it take to open a lvl 5 map chest with around 96 lock picking?
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

GomerPyle

Re: Lockpicking and Detecting Hidden

Post by GomerPyle »

boomp

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I guess its really a roll of a die. It would be nice to have percentages though.

The only real word we have on it now is "Good Luck"
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

You can open a level 5 map chest with less than GM lockpicking if you have detect hidden? I have GM detect hidden and 97 lockpicking. I have several level 5 maps but I've been waiting for GM picking.

Makes my wonder why I've been mindlessly leveling lockpicking...

Artulk

Post by Artulk »

I am not a veteran of the lockpicking skill, this is the first time I'v ever gottn LP.

I have 95 real skill and locked it. I'm not a t Hunter but pick the dungeon chests. I think, I've come accross lvl 5 chests in some dungeons. They are the only chests I can't pick on the first try. Sometimes I'll break a few lockpicks in 15 attempts to get it open.
But I do get it open. These chests are close to high level mobs, Balrons and such. They yeild 275 to 350 gold. gems and scrolls ofcourse but also magic weapons up to Vanq.
My point is, If that is indeed a lvl five chest, and the same as lvl 5 t map chests, then YES, you can get them open with less than GM skill.
I have 0 detect hidden, and 0 remove trap. 100 100 25 dex. adj skill of 95.3

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

95 Lockpicking/60 Detect and you can open level 5 chests but it will take you several attempts, on the plus side if you use the razor loop trick you will probably gain of the chests, especially if you have plate gloves on.

At 97/60 you will open within the first 3-5 attempts.
?

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Artulk wrote:I am not a veteran of the lockpicking skill, this is the first time I'v ever gottn LP.

I have 95 real skill and locked it. I'm not a t Hunter but pick the dungeon chests. I think, I've come accross lvl 5 chests in some dungeons. They are the only chests I can't pick on the first try. Sometimes I'll break a few lockpicks in 15 attempts to get it open.
But I do get it open. These chests are close to high level mobs, Balrons and such. They yeild 275 to 350 gold. gems and scrolls ofcourse but also magic weapons up to Vanq.
My point is, If that is indeed a lvl five chest, and the same as lvl 5 t map chests, then YES, you can get them open with less than GM skill.
I have 0 detect hidden, and 0 remove trap. 100 100 25 dex. adj skill of 95.3
Those are level 4 chests not 5, 5s only exist on level 5 tmaps, you need to pick these dungeon chests from 95-GM.
?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Hop on test, create a char with 95 LP/60 DH and see if you can do the tmaps there.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Related: how the heck do you set skills on TC?

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Say
set lockpicking 100
Some you gotta play around with.
?

Return to “Guides”