Help Stuck - era accurate?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Derrick

Re: Help Stuck - era accurate?

Post by Derrick »

It would be nice to replace it with a less abusable system for sure.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Blues - teleported to random town, or teleported to nearest town.

Reds - teleported to chaos shrine

Seems simple as a fix to me. Once per day is nice, having that has been a help for me personally. I don't recall a time i've ever needed it more than once.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Hemperor wrote:
Sepulchrave wrote:How cryptic! I read what you said five times, and after the fifth time, I think I see what you're saying - that in T2A days if you got stranded by this tactic, there were enough staff to help you out (or that the many players online would somehow enable you to be rescued more easily?). I'd be interested in seeing how many people agree/disagree with me when I say that this was not the case, and if stranded you could be waiting for hours unless you had friends come and get you. That helpless feeling, the one you would get if stranded without the help-stuck menu, is era accurate in my opinion. Are there other reasons that the menu should stay as it is?
I actually read a few newsgroup postings talking about just this within the era... Some guy said it took him an hour just to get a hold of a counselor and then another 3 hours to get the GM.
I remember some GMs being very rude, so for the sake of accuracy Derrick needs to be a bigger dick to the player base!

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Panthor the Hated wrote:
Hemperor wrote:
Sepulchrave wrote:How cryptic! I read what you said five times, and after the fifth time, I think I see what you're saying - that in T2A days if you got stranded by this tactic, there were enough staff to help you out (or that the many players online would somehow enable you to be rescued more easily?). I'd be interested in seeing how many people agree/disagree with me when I say that this was not the case, and if stranded you could be waiting for hours unless you had friends come and get you. That helpless feeling, the one you would get if stranded without the help-stuck menu, is era accurate in my opinion. Are there other reasons that the menu should stay as it is?
I actually read a few newsgroup postings talking about just this within the era... Some guy said it took him an hour just to get a hold of a counselor and then another 3 hours to get the GM.
I remember some GMs being very rude, so for the sake of accuracy Derrick needs to be a bigger dick to the player base!
Im sorry, he cannot help you with this.
?

Braden
UOSA Policy Enforcer
UOSA Policy Enforcer

Post by Braden »

Another issue we have is because of client incompatibilities we do get a lot of legitimate stuck requests, and we do not have a dedicated 24/7 staff to answer the pages. Therefore, unless a new system is devised the "Help > Stuck" option seems to be the best bet for now.
<Layt> note to self (and others)
<Layt> do not magic arrow braden
<Zebulone> He has inf reflect
<Layt> more like reflect and amplify
<Layt> it was a death sequence unlike any other i had ever seen