IRC Mini (very mini) Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
strut

IRC Mini (very mini) Guide

Post by strut »

In fact it's just to say a lot don't seem to have highlight on their name enabled coming from fps scene it's the norm for pickup games etc so what you do to se it up is...

Addressbook -> highlight -> add highlight. Put whatever you want in there $me for your name and maybe a shortened version of yuour name people call you and irc flashes for you if you are tabbed out.

You can add other words as and when it suits you. e.g. "boards" if you're looking to buy boards or something.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: IRC Mini (very mini) Guide

Post by SJane3384 »

Hmmm...I don't have anything like the task bar you have. Is that an IE only feature? (I'm using Firefox).
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

He's using mIRC. I recommend using pidgin. It's free, supports many instant messaging clients, is multi-platform, and it kicks ass.

Krats

Post by Krats »

ChatZilla for the Win!
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

strut

Post by strut »

I assume those things have a way of notifying you when a keyword or your own name comes up in a non-pm message. They must do I guess or they'd be a step back (which would make no sense).

Fine. Carry on, men.

Krats

Post by Krats »

ChatZilla does this automatically
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

strut

Post by strut »

And you can customise the highlight list? I might get it if so, I don't pay for irc but I get a 10 second "please register" menu when I first run it.

Krats

Post by Krats »

I havent looked into that, had no need for it. It does highlight to a different shade when someone says my handle, so i would assume so...but still unconfirmed

will test as soon as i get home...just 5 more hours!!! god i hate this job

Return to “Guides”