Semi-rare Spawns?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
nubblie

Semi-rare Spawns?

Post by nubblie »

I was running around on my thief the other day thinking of things to steal and I went to the semi-rare locations I use to get loot from and either they are not implemented or not spawning correctly.

Forged Metal and Wire - Use to spawn at Serpents Hold BS (Hourly) stayed in the area for a few hours and not one spawned.

Small Fish - Spawned in Dock Barrels (these are the fish that are static on the docks) check most the dock areas and nothing.

Dried Herbs, Onions, and Flowers - I pretty sure they spawned at most of the mage shops (moonglow for sure) and they too were hourly. I haven't found one yet.

I know this is T2A accurate. Due to the fact when I first started playing UO this is how I gained, because I didn't know how to raise my skills otherwise, so I just stole off Npc's and semi-rares to make a bit of gold until I could join the Guild.

Derrick

Re: Semi-rare Spawns?

Post by Derrick »

nubblie wrote:I was running around on my thief the other day thinking of things to steal and I went to the semi-rare locations I use to get loot from and either they are not implemented or not spawning correctly.

Forged Metal and Wire - Use to spawn at Serpents Hold BS (Hourly) stayed in the area for a few hours and not one spawned.

Small Fish - Spawned in Dock Barrels (these are the fish that are static on the docks) check most the dock areas and nothing.

Dried Herbs, Onions, and Flowers - I pretty sure they spawned at most of the mage shops (moonglow for sure) and they too were hourly. I haven't found one yet.

I know this is T2A accurate. Due to the fact when I first started playing UO this is how I gained, because I didn't know how to raise my skills otherwise, so I just stole off Npc's and semi-rares to make a bit of gold until I could join the Guild.
The small fish can be fished up, are these the same one? I wasn't aware of these spawning in the barrels. As more the others, most of our rares and semi rares spawn a little slower due to our shard population. We will likely increase the rare in the future, we just didn't want the shard inundated with these items. I belive overall we have more rares and semi-rares than on OSI, but less duplicates.

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

FISH:
I took a screen and circled the ones I remember, the larger piles might have spawned and i know the really tiny piles didn't.

I use to use them as house deco and they actually sold pretty decent (for the time period)

I'm sure they spawned on all shards I can vouch for GL and ATL ...
Attachments
fish.jpg

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I happen to know what you're talking about as to the existence of the stealable semi-rares. I have been discussing with Derrick the implimentaiton of these semi-rares, and hopefully in the future we may actually see them on the server.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

Kaivan wrote:I happen to know what you're talking about as to the existence of the stealable semi-rares. I have been discussing with Derrick the implimentaiton of these semi-rares, and hopefully in the future we may actually see them on the server.
The rares are there I have stolen a few off some people and seen them on vendors, its just when I goto get them at the locations I remember them at they are never there.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nubblie wrote:
Kaivan wrote:I happen to know what you're talking about as to the existence of the stealable semi-rares. I have been discussing with Derrick the implimentaiton of these semi-rares, and hopefully in the future we may actually see them on the server.
The rares are there I have stolen a few off some people and seen them on vendors, its just when I goto get them at the locations I remember them at they are never there.
Thanks.
Yes we do have quite a few stealable and non stealable rares. But we didn't have these.

Zim

Post by Zim »

Actually I'm pretty sure the vendors sold those funny fish.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Zim wrote:Actually I'm pretty sure the vendors sold those funny fish.
You're thinking of the magical fish that can be caught by fishermen. That's what I thought was being referred to initially as well

Zim

Post by Zim »

No... Not the magical fish that add stats. The actual vendors ((One at magincia for sure)) sold the piles of little fish. They were rare early T2a.

http://noctalis.com/dis/uo/r-0.shtml

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

ahh yea i forgot about the ingots.... those were always a good seller...

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

fried flowers herbs and those spawn and you have to steal them maybe twice a dayish. But most the others, wire, ingots and stuff from the npc boxes dont need to be stolen, jsut pick the yellow boxes. 8)
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

qtip

Post by qtip »

do any of the rares boxs require more than GM Magery to unlock?

Also... how do i ALWAYS miss that damn fruit basket :lol:

Lajon

Post by Lajon »

I'll show you a fruit basket....

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”