Vendors Paper Doll

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Vendors Paper Doll

Post by Bigoud »

Why is the paper doll of a vendor appearing when you double click your own vendor ?

since we cannot dress them anymore, it should be removed too and directly displaying the bagpack i assume.
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Derrick

Re: Vendors Paper Doll

Post by Derrick »

Bigoud wrote:Why is the paper doll of a vendor appearing when you double click your own vendor ?

since we cannot dress them anymore, it should be removed too and directly displaying the bagpack i assume.
Aye, I've been meaning to do this, thanks for the nudge.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

So was being able to dress vendors era accurate?

And did people need to have the item to dress it?

I see vendors wearing daemon bone sets, did that person have to have the items?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Psilo wrote:So was being able to dress vendors era accurate?

And did people need to have the item to dress it?

I see vendors wearing daemon bone sets, did that person have to have the items?
Dressing vendors is not era accurate, it slipped in when working on dressing hires, and it took us a while to get to taking it out.

Any items currently on vendors were put there by the owners. They can be removed by redeeding the vendor by saying "vendor replace"
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Are we ever going to remove all the silly looking vendors?

I believe we should eventually patch it and force owners to remove items off vendors.

It's too un-t2a like to see dressed vendors, reminds me of UO:Ren too much.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Psilo wrote:Are we ever going to remove all the silly looking vendors?

I believe we should eventually patch it and force owners to remove items off vendors.

It's too un-t2a like to see dressed vendors, reminds me of UO:Ren too much.
The customization system we had here was from AOS, at least during UO:R you were limited to what they could wear. But yes, I agree, I don't know if it's possible but I suggested that the items on the vendor should be sent to the owner's bank and the vendor re-dressed to standard vendor attire.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

There are only so many vendors on this server, could easily be manually done.

We could send mass emails out and tell people to take the items off their vendor or it will be put in the bank...or perhaps locked down in the house of the vendor?

Something needs to be done if we want to be accurate to t2a.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

Oh give me a break. The people who had their vendors dressed already can keep them. There is no reason why they should have to remove it just because the mechanics on the subject changed. And I'm not saying this for my own benefit I don't even have any vendors that are customized. No one cares, if people got their vendors customized before the change, then props for them for the seniority.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

I suggest that we leave the vendors as they are. they will decay in time.

vendors customised will stay only if people maintain them with money or keep on selling goods with them, then it will motivate people to keep on their job/ or to spend money and will remove cash from the shard.. both ways are good.
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

Bigoud wrote:I suggest that we leave the vendors as they are. they will decay in time.

vendors customised will stay only if people maintain them with money or keep on selling goods with them, then it will motivate people to keep on their job/ or to spend money and will remove cash from the shard.. both ways are good.
Agreed. The one with the glacial staff on vesper strip just looks badass.