Suggestion: Add a Siege Perilous server.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Suggestion: Add a Siege Perilous server.

Post by SJane3384 »

dexter4321 wrote:UOSA is what it is if you don't like it find something else. Or go make your own SP server.

I'm going to regret this later I'm sure, but....

I agree with Josh.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

I would echo what Elisud & JL/Dexter said, I would love a T2A or even a UO:R SP server but its just not viable

What made Siege unique was that it forced players to interact and rely on one another, to forge alliances, you picked a side, and you generally stuck to it. If multi clienting & accounts were allowed, there would be little point in the server.

Now if you limited it to 1 account per IP, but allowed 2 charecters, to compensate for low player base, it might work. But this is UOSA, not UOSA:SP.
?

Elisud

Post by Elisud »

dexter4321 wrote:UOSA is what it is if you don't like it find something else. Or go make your own SP server.
I agree that another server is a terrible idea, but this is probably the dumbest response Ive ever seen...."If you dont like it then leave"?....by this logic we should remove the entire suggestion forum :roll:

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Noone has suggested mutliclienting be allowed, but everyone is acting like they have to fight against it. As I said Elisud's points are valid for why some rules should be different but not valid for should a SP clone be made.

These points have nothing to do with how viable such a project would be.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

That is why i didn't make it a poll. Whether someone would play it or not wouldn't matter, as the typical response would be an angry one because they think they are sposed to hate anything but what we have here. Much more important to get a people response rather than a blind poll.

I think at the very least, setting up a weekend thing for SP would solve alot of the complaints about pvp and other play styles. Give people a chance to play something different without actually having to leave here to do it. You may get your players back in the long run but wouldn't it be nice to keep them by keeping some variety instead of the same ol?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I would love to make an SP server based on UOSA; and do think about it from time to time. I personally just don't have enough hours in the day currently. I agree though, it would be nice to have an authentic SP shard.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

the real question is then:

what would it take for this to get started?

more donations? more staff? just wondering, because it sounds amazing.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

GuardianKnight wrote:That is why i didn't make it a poll. Whether someone would play it or not wouldn't matter, as the typical response would be an angry one because they think they are sposed to hate anything but what we have here. Much more important to get a people response rather than a blind poll.

I think at the very least, setting up a weekend thing for SP would solve alot of the complaints about pvp and other play styles. Give people a chance to play something different without actually having to leave here to do it. You may get your players back in the long run but wouldn't it be nice to keep them by keeping some variety instead of the same ol?
That's a genius idea. Would it even be possible? Would it be to much to code for just a weekend, or would much of it be a case of switching recall off etc and small changes to code. Siege themed weekend minus good/evil? Would that work with minimum effort? It could maybe be a monthly event to make it worthwhile to code? I dont know just throwing it out there, I think GKs hit on a great idea here, perhaps not viable[?] but great none the less.
?

caveman

Post by caveman »

i think early uor siege was about perfect to me. i loved 1 charachter slot and no recall. i still only ever play 1 charachter in every mmorpg i play. the jacked up npc prices and not being allowed to sell to npcs really kept the economy in check for many years too. and, technically, most of the siege features are era accurate. good/evil was really buggy for most of t2a though. i can't even remember the weird powers anymore before they got changed.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

If there were two servers there is no telling how it would affect the original uosa server. It's going to affect it either way with less people playing on it, it's just a matter of how much less we are talking about. I mean the population isn't small but it's not that big either. Another server added to uosa would change everything regardless.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

I loved Siege. When Trammel came out I permanently moved over to Siege. Oh from time to time I'd check back in on my old characters, but it just wasn't fun anymore. This shard IS. The best of any of the free shards I've played. It already reminds me of Siege, there are only a few real differences, so if the shard moves to a pure siege ruleset, then that would be fine. If it stays the same, fine. I'd hate to see the shard split and population plummet, but maybe it'd work.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

kill drizitz wrote:the real question is then:

what would it take for this to get started?

more donations? more staff? just wondering, because it sounds amazing.
More staff, donations and most importantly: players. We already have the entire "accurate t2a" playerbase here, making a SP server would just divide that I'd think.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

dexter4321 wrote:If there were two servers there is no telling how it would affect the original uosa server. It's going to affect it either way with less people playing on it, it's just a matter of how much less we are talking about. I mean the population isn't small but it's not that big either. Another server added to uosa would change everything regardless.
Again, I agree with Josh. If there is a second server and a large percentage of the population leaves, then the original UOSA will probably cease to exist. Even if say 1/3 of the population left, that's a sizeable chunk, and will be hugely noticeable at off-peak times. It will drastically change the feel of the current shard...and drastically affect how those of us who are here just because of the T2A accuracy feel about it.

Elisud wrote:I agree that another server is a terrible idea, but this is probably the dumbest response Ive ever seen...."If you dont like it then leave"?....by this logic we should remove the entire suggestion forum
This response doesn't make sense either. The suggestion forums are for making improvements/adjustments to the current shard. This thread is talking about creating a completely new shard. There's a big difference.

I like the idea of creating a test center-esque alternative shard on one or two days of the week, where all the info is saved (so that the grind still matters). That way, people have their SP shard, without completely changing the original UOSA.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!