1v1 Crafted, Potion tournaments.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
corr]

1v1 Crafted, Potion tournaments.

Post by corr] »

It seems a lot of the 1v1 matches in these types of tournaments end up going to sudden death, because it is extremely difficult to get the kill on someone.

I feel like this happens because people have a constant 120 str. The way to solve this would be to limit the number of greater strengths you can use (ie only 5 per match). Explode pots are limited already, so it wouldn't be without precedent.

Anthrax

Re: 1v1 Crafted, Potion tournaments.

Post by Anthrax »

i concurr

Lor

Post by Lor »

You can't just limit certain items you think will help overall, you have to find what it affects all together and factor in all of those things. Overall there needs to be a limit on ALL potions. There would be no sudden death.

Make a 1 minute period between battles. No big deal except for the veterans having to adjust.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Corr you nerd, theres already a thread about this "role of pots in tourneys"

Derrick did a test run with no free use and I think it went quite well. Hopefully he puts it on the schedule.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I see no problem with limiting this, and I also see no problem with Lor's suggestion (having 45 seconds to bank in between rounds) and having non-free use.

Another option would be just to allow a fixed number of potions per match and to keep a counter. For example, 15 greater heals, 15 cures, 5 gstr, etc. Once you've exhausted that number, you can no longer use them in the match.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Limit everything including regs!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Lor

Post by Lor »

Hemperor wrote:Limit everything including regs!

MADMAN!! THAT WOULD CREATE...........REAL FIGHTING!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHH!

That'd be a good idea though.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

No free use is a limit you nerds, just like in the game. 125 items and 400 stones, thats called a limit.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Faust

Post by Faust »

There should be no such thing as free use or sudden death...

Removes a gold sink that would be quite healthy for the shard.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Faust wrote:There should be no such thing as free use or sudden death...

Removes a gold sink that would be quite healthy for the shard.
No free use is a nice gold sink, esp since trophies are very expensive. SD might have to stay, I still see duels lasting quite a while even without free use, but sd deaths do suck 8C

Faust

Post by Faust »

That is why resources should be limited per match. When a match starts all items considered resources(regs, bandages, potions, food, etc..) should be stripped until the end of a match and a cap/limit should be imposed when handing it out for every match. For example, let's say the default cap is 50 bandages and each type of reagent, 10 of each potion type, 20 food pieces in all, etc... This way we could remove a completely random luck outcome with a different version of sudden death that is more realistic to normal game play that would require people to prioritize their strategy with resources instead of simply wasting them because there is no reason not too.

This would make tournaments a whole lot better in all areas.

- Removal of the current sudden death with a new version being added that mimics real gameplay based on running out of resources.
- Gold sink creating a healthier server in the long run. The current system only uses up to 2 of each recall reagent/scroll to get to and from the tournament location with the possibility of injecting a trophy(s) that range from 15-45k depending on the type of tournament in process.
- Creates fair competition... IE: No more guzzling <insert potion type> because <insert bonus type> doesn't exist with infinite potion use that creates a scenario where the weaken and clumsy spells are utterly useless even with magic weapons that use those debuffs.

This is only a logical resolution to this problem that can't really be disputed.