Trophies as loot.

Topics related to Second Age
Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Trophies as loot.

Post by Chaos »

Was thinking more about trophies as loot .. and I and think most of the shard wants these for one reason of the other.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

pirvan

Post by pirvan »

The dumbest thing was imo _not_ that I couldn't get any loot.
It was that how the event ended, i mean i expected some kind of boss or a stronger monster in the end so that our efforts for hours could come to a better conclusion. Maybe it can drop 2-3 Vanq weapons or something so community will try to keep up the pace until the last boss is dead.
Last night after a few hours of same stupid orcs keep comnig and coming latelty there were w few players left in Vesper with a lot of boredom took place. Seriously, what did we spend hours for?
Apart from a few lucky looters none got anything there, fun left its place to pure boredom after hours and hours of same crappy orcs. It was so obvious that even if its not possible to reward people with trophies or whatsoever for participating, there could be a more challenging and 'fun' boss to play with.

So just put 2 vanq weapons on some kind of a boss and make us fight for something next time.

Zane

Post by Zane »

There was a "Siege Director" at one point in the form of a specially colored Ogre Lord. He was tough, but there were people still there... Honestly I htought that was going to be the end but the orcs, they kept on coming lol.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Everything is exploitable by someone, and usually in ways that are unexpected. It's been our theory to try to design towards normal mechanics and not toward trying to dictate player behavior. The trophies dropping in the backpacks of mobs seemed more natural (and easy tbh), and thus was implemented that way.

Putting loot directly in player packs, or banks, I think takes a lot away from the interaction, and it also seems to me that it might exclude a lot of people and play-styles from the events.

The idea that one behavior over another is ok and the other not is a call that we try not to make.

It's not a given that there are trophies given out in any manner at any event, and it should not be expected (not saying any of the posters in this thread expected them). Some events do run better than others, but it's for each player to judge if they are having fun or not.

Not saying that I'm entirely opposed to changing anything, and the question of whether they should even be present at this type of event is a good point.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

My favorite thing about these type of events if the factor of unpredictability. You never know what to really expect which is what makes it so fun. Even if it may sound like the same thing over and over, it's the players reactions to each other that make it interesting and never the same. Even if one person sees someone they don't get along with and attack them, that affects the whole event as people shift gears to pvp instead of pvm. Going back and forth from pvp to pvm can get confusing which creates ultimate chaos. And that is exactly what the events are, pure chaos.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

heimdallr
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by heimdallr »

There was an event in Moonglow shortly before IPY was taken down. About 50 people were raping a 1,000,000 HP boss who killed people in 2 hits. Finally it was killed, and I grabbed a skull candle. First rare I've ever had on UO ever. I was happy about that. I hit the thing, but the people dumping EB's on it probably did more damage. The people healing eachother did less. But most did something. It would be kind of dumb if things spawned ever for any reason in a backpack.

My suggestion is take it easy at the event and loot once in a while. Unless you are, as suggested by another response, a tamer. In that case, F you. The only redeeming thing for a tamer is to kill shit to let other people loot. Otherwise you got a revolution on your hands. You create a juxtaposition between UO ideology and UO conditions on the ground, son. Every UO non tamer is alienated between his or her labor and the object of that labor causing that UO life to be an incomplete UO life.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

You say F u to tamers but without tamers you couldn't survive the events without being a bard. And being a bard puts you at risk of being pked alot easier than if you brought your pvper.

I guess you could EV in town but i have no doubt one of our lil angry griefer blues would have you turned red before you got anything out of the event.

I musta saved at least 2 people in the orc event as they tried to use dexer/mages against hundreds of orcs....

If you hate tamers, just make a thread in suggestions/era accuracy whining about something and then get the other people do jump in on it and i'm sure we'll get nerfed again and everyone will be happy :)
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson