UOSA is now my "home". Looking for guild suggestions please

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Gicod

UOSA is now my "home". Looking for guild suggestions please

Post by Gicod »

Some background. Played Sonoma from 1999-2006-7 when leaving for WoW. Also during that time I also played DAoC for about a year and a half after release and Planetside from release and currently still have an active account. Yeah, I spent alot on game subscriptions over the years..LOL But, as you can see I've been around the block a bit in the MMO world. As far as "mature gamer" goes....well...Im 40, Im pretty sure in the gaming world that makes me practically a senior citizen.

Back on Sonoma I was a member of Hunters of Glory, an old school Sonoma honor guild, from my first day playing, in fact if I re-upped my accounts today, most of my characters would still sport the guild tag. So ya know Im not a guild hopper. I was a very helpful player, at one point I was actually asked to apply to the Companion program by a Senior Companion due to the fact that several times when their Companions finally got to their "assigned newby" they found them already being helped by me because I had bumped into them in town somewhere. I went by Ningauble of HOG on the Stratics Forums and had a solid reputation there as well. Im not what one would call an elite PvP'er by any means, but I have a bit of experience. I was still fairly chickenshit back in the T2A days so I didnt PvP alot then, but shortly after Factions was introduced I joined True Brits as a dexxer, Navajo, and formed the Factions guild Project:Mayhem which became the largest factions guild on Sonoma. I do not PK, dont often go out of my way to look for a fight, have been known to either stand and fight or run like a little girl depending on the situation, did go red once killing blue healers, so Im not afraid to take a count or 2 if I have to. I love crafting, having GM'ed (or better in later expansions) practically all the trades, and am working to recreate my crafter here as well. I do enjoy being active in the community and its events. On Sonoma I was active in the player-town of Darkmoor and a member of Third Legion in latter years of UO as well. I pretty much enjoy all that there is to UO, and their isnt much I havent done.

My playtime is mostly evenings and weekends, some evenings more than others, depending on how much the kids leave me alone...lol. Im still fairly new here, having only a halfass dexxer and fledgling crafter at the moment so I cant bring much in the line of big guns to any party, but I can survive better than most typical newbs. Still new enough though that my memory is rusty yet on stuff here n there...that and having played so many expansions, remembering what was T2A and what wasnt.

You guys know the guilds here and I dont. Where do I belong?

Thanks for your help.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: UOSA is now my "home". Looking for guild suggestions please

Post by DarkWing »

check out UOH ... you can find us on IRC in the #UOH room

we might be what your looking for

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Damascus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Damascus »

As a crafter, i would like to say that if u are interested in joining K^A we would like to have you.
i have a few vendors spots that all KA members can use.
we are not at war.
more info at
http://ascalonguild.webs.com/

we build friendships and lasting bonds.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Make an undead guild...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

I checked out your link Damascus and just have a couple questions. I see you have templates listed. Are those the only "allowable" templates? I know those are obviously the templates that are considered textbook staple, but I do like to get a little creative with some of my templates here and there and would like to know if that is okay. By that of course I dont mean a Swords/Begging/Alchemy template, I do know what I am doing. Also, right now, as I am so new, most of my play time should probably be spent training up skills, many of which arent very exciting group activities, "Hey guys, come watch me make this katana" or "Dude...did you see how I totally owned that ettin". Would that be a problem? Would it be better for me to apply when I have more skilled characters to better participate?

I found your town on my first evening playing and definitely like the location. I have always loved the north Minoc area, one of my castles on Sonoma was located up there as well as our guild castle so I am used to spending alot of time up there anyhow. And I have always liked player-towns.

From what I have read I wouldnt mind checking out your organization if possible. Should it be something that periodically arises, wars dont bother me, in fact I do find a guild war entertaining from time to time. Come to think of it, last guild war I was involved in was against ZOG, and they are even here apparently...lol

Return to “Guild Recruitment”