Random Guild Stones

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Zane

Random Guild Stones

Post by Zane »

I'm not sure as to the era accuracy of thes things randomly being in the landscape of the world. I'm talking about the ones that are just in an area with now house, sometimes even possibly blocking the placement of a house.

Is this era accurate? If so, would there be anything against removing them or creating a decay timer for them? If not, what can we do to eliminate them?

I know this isn't a major issue, but it just seems whacky that when you hit !status in irc there's more guilds than the typical peak number of clients online.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Random Guild Stones

Post by DarkWing »

Zane wrote:I'm not sure as to the era accuracy of thes things randomly being in the landscape of the world. I'm talking about the ones that are just in an area with now house, sometimes even possibly blocking the placement of a house.

Is this era accurate? If so, would there be anything against removing them or creating a decay timer for them? If not, what can we do to eliminate them?

I know this isn't a major issue, but it just seems whacky that when you hit !status in irc there's more guilds than the typical peak number of clients online.
when in game .. Page a GM and they will remove the stone

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Faust

Post by Faust »

Visit the guild stone graveyard when you have some spare time.

It's a sight worth viewing at least once.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

There are tons of these things around the world. Why are they not decaying once the house falls?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Guild stones did not decay during this era and required a GM to delete/move them. That is why you have to do exactly this and a staff member will move the stone to the guild stone graveyard. If you end up leaving for awhile and your house decays with your stone sitting there possibly getting removed in the future you can always go to this location to get it back.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

Seems like un-needed extra work for staff to me, accurate or not.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Only policy is subject to differences in regard to accuracy since it varied from shard to shard.

This shard aims to replicate the t2a era as a whole and includes this game mechanic just like the rest.