Snooping, Stealing, and Greyness

Moderator: Support Moderators

Krats

Snooping, Stealing, and Greyness

Post by Krats »

So i was hanging out in Vesper last night for a while on my thief. I start by snooping a few people, stealing random items and eventually get Gwacked *expected*. Well after I rez I run back and snoop someone, and then snoop one of there pouches. As soon as I do that I get Gwacked again???

No the pouch I snooped was not trapped because it would have caused an explosion not a wacking.

I was obviously not Perma-gray, I didn't steal anything, I was just snooping.
Could someone please explain why I was Gwacked for snooping?
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Snooping, Stealing, and Greyness

Post by Duke Jones »

were you rezed by a wandering healer after your criminal timeout, or by another player character/alt?

If you were insta-rezed by another player, perhaps you were still vulnerable to being guard whacked?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Krats

Post by Krats »

Guess i shoulda mentioned that lol
I was rez'd by wandering healer
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Mantis Atlantis
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mantis Atlantis »

Is it possible that you could have inadvertently hit a stealing macro? If that's not the case, it could be a bug or someone might be griefing you. The guards have seemed pretty overzealous lately, and I've seen a few innocents go down as criminals for no obvious reason. Does anybody have a list of things that might "passively" flag you as criminal and "guard-whackable?"

Some things that I assume might do this:
- Poisoning food -- do you get flagged when an innocent eats it?
- Trapping boxes -- do you get flagged when an innocent gets hurt by a trap-box you made?
- ...anything else?

Krats

Post by Krats »

I'm a non-lazy or ultra lazy thief... I dont have a steal macro lol
have to double click the steal button then target the person/item.

I've thought about any aggressive action I could have preformed in the time it took me to dbl click the pouch, and nothing comes to mind.

** only person to get flagged for a trapped box is the tinker, and my tinker is at 68 counts. He hides in the house 24/7

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Weren't you looting a corpse or just looted a corpse when you got whacked?

There is a trick to get you guardwhacked even if you loot your own corpse.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Krats

Post by Krats »

i did try stealing my box back from the corpse and got gwacked, but after i rez'd is when this happened.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

It doesnt matter if a stolen item is placed on your corpse, looted from another corpse or whatever when you retrieve it it can flag you and get you whacked even if its your own blue corpse.

It's something like that, there was a thread on it.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Krats

Post by Krats »

yea the corpse has nothing to do with this situation.
The thing that confuses me, after dieing, then waiting for criminal timer to run out, rezing (while blue), then snooping someone should not incite a criminal act.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

snooping is never a criminal action. it will never get you guardwhacked. must have been something else or a bug of some kind.

Return to “New Player Help”