Question about moongates

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
cougar435788

Question about moongates

Post by cougar435788 »

When I go to a moongate... it randomly sends me somewhere and never gives me the option to pick where i want to go.. is this normal?

Krats

Re: Question about moongates

Post by Krats »

yes, this is the way it was during T2A time period.
single click the moongate will give a description of whats on the other side.
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

cougar435788

Post by cougar435788 »

Ok, does anyone know the description for vesper and yew please? I need to get to these areas

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Vesper has one small house to the south east of the moongate, and yew has a ton of vendors al around you when you come through the gate.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you open up general positioning in razor you can enlarge the map to see the surrounding area if you are unsure of where you just arrived at whether by moongate or any other form of magical travel.

I don't use automap either. :wink:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Here is a good breakdown on the moongates: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Moongates_Travel

Most important thing to understand is that the moongates change every 10 minutes. Think of all the cities lined up like this:

1. Moonglow
2. Britain
3. Jhelom
4. Yew
5. Minoc
6. Trinsic
7. Skara Brae
8. Magincia

The phase steps change every 10 minutes. Phase starts at 0 steps, then increments 1 step every 10 minutes.

At the beginning of the moongate cycle you're stuck at the moongate because the step is at 0. In 10 minutes the cycle changes and the step increments to 1, so you will advance through every single town in this order (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8).

Another 10 minutes and the cycle adds another step (we're at 2 now), so now we're (1-3-5-7-2-4-6-8).

10 minutes from then and the cycle adds another step, so now we're at 3 (1-4-7-2-5-8-3-6). At four steps, you can see we'll just be bouncing between two locations (1-5-1-5-1-5-1-5). And so on...

Hope that helps.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

hiicha wrote:Here is a good breakdown on the moongates: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Moongates_Travel

Most important thing to understand is that the moongates change every 10 minutes. Think of all the cities lined up like this:

1. Moonglow
2. Britain
3. Jhelom
4. Yew
5. Minoc
6. Trinsic
7. Skara Brae
8. Magincia

The phase steps change every 10 minutes. Phase starts at 0 steps, then increments 1 step every 10 minutes.

At the beginning of the moongate cycle you're stuck at the moongate because the step is at 0. In 10 minutes the cycle changes and the step increments to 1, so you will advance through every single town in this order (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8).

Another 10 minutes and the cycle adds another step (we're at 2 now), so now we're (1-3-5-7-2-4-6-8).

10 minutes from then and the cycle adds another step, so now we're at 3 (1-4-7-2-5-8-3-6). At four steps, you can see we'll just be bouncing between two locations (1-5-1-5-1-5-1-5). And so on...

Hope that helps.
This seems like great info. if this is all confirmed then plz i'd stay sticky this thread .. this is great info.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

cougar435788

Post by cougar435788 »

How do I open general positioning in Razor.. I checked all the options but didnt see it.

Populus

Post by Populus »

cougar435788 wrote:How do I open general positioning in Razor.. I checked all the options but didnt see it.
Open up the general tab, it's in the bottom left.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Populus wrote:
cougar435788 wrote:How do I open general positioning in Razor.. I checked all the options but didnt see it.
Open up the general tab, it's in the bottom left.
you can also set a hotkey to open it within the razor hot key section. i believe its under 'misc' as 'open uo positioning system' or something similar to that.

Return to “Guides”