The Daily Planet - Special Interview Issue!

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The Daily Planet - Special Interview Issue!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Rumors have flown over the years here in Sosaria over the controversial character of chumbucket. But really, Citizens, we must ask ourselves: "Who is chumbucket?" I'm here tonight with a Daily Planet exclusive interview with the man himself to see if we can finally get a sense of just who this lad is!

<Clark_Kent> Greetings Citizen! It's nice to finally be here chatting with you, thank you for allowing me this opportunity. So chumbucket: Who are you?
<chumbucket> I am not at liberty to say.

<Clark_Kent> Well how about a few simple questions then, Citizen.
<chumbucket> OK.

<Clark_Kent> First off, chum--do you prefer Mr. Bucket, or may I call you chum?
<chumbucket> Mr. Bucket, please.

<Clark_Kent> Now, that's interesting that you choose not to capitalized the 'C'--was there any sort of impetus or particular significance to this grammatical flare?
<chumbucket> My shift key didn't work.
<chumbucket> I could only talk in lowercase for two years.

<Clark_Kent> Ah! That'll do it; fair enough then--sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, I guess. I'll bet that had some real draw backs to it, but it didn't appear to affect your ability to capitalize on others folly! Hah, sorry... now yes then; over the years you've pulled some mighty capers here in Lord Derrick's realm, what is your favorite caper that many of your fans may not know about?
<chumbucket> By far, it was the incidents chronicled in my three part series, "A Disgrace to UO." cA brought down a terrible bit of justice on the BoO guild, who are all thieves and murderers. We were aided by the guards of East Britain and an army of cats.

<Clark_Kent> Cats? That's a rather interesting choice in weaponry...
<chumbucket> It turned out they weren't very good.
<chumbucket> All but one was slaughtered pretty much immediately.
<chumbucket> But their sacrifices are inspiring.

<Clark_Kent> Speaking of inspiration, what first inspired you to start doing your series featured on the Tales of Adventure forums?
<chumbucket> Hemperor.
<chumbucket> He and I had a rather hilarious battle, and I felt compelled to share it with everyone.

<Clark_Kent> I've seen you and hemperor at some of the same sosarian social gatherings in the past, things seem to be quite bipolar between you two, sometimes you seem friendly and others terse--care to shed some light on your relationship to the mysterious Canadian known as the hemperor? (editors note: strangely, also negating the proper noun capitalization!)
<chumbucket> Well, as I understand things, there are in fact two Hemperors on this shard. There is the original Hemperor, with whom I get along well. Unfortunately, he had a run in with the law. It seems they tried to take his half a can of fortified wine. Long story short, he went to jail and a mysterious impostor took his place. This impostor is the Hemperor most people know. If they knew the Real Hemperor, they would have a much better appreciation of the man.

<Clark_Kent> Interesting. So, we all know the supposed "criminal mastermind" side of chumbucket, but how about the otherside of chumbucket that many seem to forget about; chumbucket the philanthropist, giving back to the community; chumbucket the defender of the wayward novice citizens of this realm; How is your crusade to education your fellow citizens on the bardic arts going?
<chumbucket> Unfortunately, the chumbucket Home for Wayward Newbies is not more, and neither is the fund I set up to spread the Bardic Arts. I offered to give away gold, and no one wanted it. It was a very unexpected outcome.
<chumbucket> I did just today though help some confused new players move a keep.

<Clark_Kent> Do tell more.
<chumbucket> Oh well, I just posted an account of it. But basically what happened is a few new players were confused about how to move a keep on Marble Island.
<chumbucket> So I heard about their confusion and decided I better see if I can help.
<chumbucket> So they figured out how to move it, then I had someone come by and show them how to place a new building.
<chumbucket> We're trying to work out arrangements to finish things off and get a shiny new keep in that location.

<Clark_Kent> Great! I can't wait to read all about it. So about those Associates of yours, what's the story behind that motley crew?
<chumbucket> Three of them are mentally ill, and one is some sort of sex pervert.
<chumbucket> Honestly, I fear for my safety.
<chumbucket> When I can keep them from clawing at my eyes or touching me inappropriately, I make them go out and steal.
<chumbucket> Then I can take the credit for it.

<Clark_Kent> It seems many have a negative opinion about your crew, my interactions with many of them has been nothing but cordial--what say you to the pejorative air that hangs about the acronym "cA"? What does your crew really aim to achieve here in Sosaria?
<chumbucket> We aim to spread joy and good times.
<chumbucket> Not only do we take your loot, but we give back to the community.
<chumbucket> We have resist sessions.
<chumbucket> We give away gold.
<chumbucket> We hold events.
<chumbucket> You might remember Matron de Winter's famous Bingo game?

<Clark_Kent> Ah yes, good times were had by all!
<chumbucket> Indeed.
<Clark_Kent> And we can't forget the famous scavenger hunt!
<Clark_Kent> Nor, Ireland's great house maze!
<Clark_Kent>Well that's all the time we have for today folks, I'd like to give our guest, chumbucket, a big thank you from the Daily Planet for letting us get a peak behind the scenes! Thanks for reading, citizens.

Citizens one and all, The Daily Planet is proud to announce a very special series of issues; by popular request, investigative journalist Clark Kent is embarking on a series of interviews with the community of UOSA, present and past, famous and infamous. Look for the next installment in this series on a newstand near you, soon!
Last edited by Clark_Kent on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

princesspeach

Re: The Daily Planet - Special Interview Issue!

Post by princesspeach »

Haha this is awesome , very clever. 5/5
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12057
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

princesspeach wrote:Haha this is awesome , very clever. 5/5
Not impressed.
We have a scammer in irc already and everyone shuns him. We have chumbucket who takes pictures of his scams and outright evil deeds and people think he's clever.

Basically in this post we have superman interviewing lex luthor like he's a national treasure. Totally out of character. After he admitted his crime, chum woulda been put in jail after a slight beating.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I thought Clark is Chum...isn't he?

Clark/Chum/Chump all the same person...

like out of character now. :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

There is a difference between a scammer and a UO template.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

TL;DR

:P

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

chum scams? Since when has thieving and house looting been scamming?

And Clark != chum, noobs.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Pristiq wrote: And Clark != chum, noobs.
^ Most testosterone filled reply in the whole history of Pristiq.
edit=forgot about the recent Princess Peach saga and Pristiq's responses so strike that. Seems Pristiqs gotten a little ballsy lately because of it though.

Maybe a follow up on how cA members,veterns,newer players and adversaries feel about Chum would flesh out the interview?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”