Patch 5 and the downfall of UO

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
alatar

Re: Patch 5 and the downfall of UO

Post by alatar »

dont worry max, my dexxer is nearly complete..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

ironfistmax wrote:I don’t understand why I keep hearing dexxers don’t compare to tank mages. The PvP balance between Tank Mages and Dexxers is almost perfect. Making spell timers the length you want will kill off every mage on the shard. If that’s what you want, fine, but don’t make ignorant remarks about dexxers.

Not only are dexxers as strong and powerful as mages, they can be even almost unbeatable if played by an experienced PvPer. The only reason I play a mage over a dexxer is because I want some challenge when I fight. If I played a dexxer, I would lose probably 1 out of 50 times.
First off agreed about dexxers, they take a very small fraction of the skill to play as tank mages.

But secondly what are you guys talking about with spell timers? Are the spell timers are retardedly fast here like every other t2a shard out there? I just quit Divinity because of that (and the huge ratio of assholes to not assholes on that shard).

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Gilgamesh wrote:
ironfistmax wrote:I don’t understand why I keep hearing dexxers don’t compare to tank mages. The PvP balance between Tank Mages and Dexxers is almost perfect. Making spell timers the length you want will kill off every mage on the shard. If that’s what you want, fine, but don’t make ignorant remarks about dexxers.

Not only are dexxers as strong and powerful as mages, they can be even almost unbeatable if played by an experienced PvPer. The only reason I play a mage over a dexxer is because I want some challenge when I fight. If I played a dexxer, I would lose probably 1 out of 50 times.
First off agreed about dexxers, they take a very small fraction of the skill to play as tank mages.

But secondly what are you guys talking about with spell timers? Are the spell timers are retardedly fast here like every other t2a shard out there? I just quit Divinity because of that (and the huge ratio of assholes to not assholes on that shard).
Spell timers are in the process of being revised, but won't be done so until we have a provably accurate basis for the change, and after much much testing and verification.

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

I'm not suggesting that spell timers need to be dramatically increased, maybe just 25%. As it is, I can almost keep up with mages when fighting close quarters.
I would really like to see you do 100% dexxer pking Max, that would make my day.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

brandonsantacruz wrote:

I'm not suggesting that spell timers need to be dramatically increased, maybe just 25%. As it is, I can almost keep up with mages when fighting close quarters.
I would really like to see you do 100% dexxer pking Max, that would make my day.
People would quit the shard or hide in houses all day if I made a dexxer.

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

Derrick wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:

Spell timers are in the process of being revised, but won't be done so until we have a provably accurate basis for the change, and after much much testing and verification.
There are people you could talk to about that. Other shards have used the exact information from the t2a demo for spell timers. Hell I'll send you a burned copy of my t2a cd if you need it, just pm me.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Gilgamesh wrote:There are people you could talk to about that. Other shards have used the exact information from the t2a demo for spell timers. Hell I'll send you a burned copy of my t2a cd if you need it, just pm me.
I have the CD, thanks though man. It's also available for download from this thread:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1456
We also have the spell timings from the Demo but they are niether conprehensive or nessasarily accurate. We're working very hard to find the correct and verifyably documented era spell timings. For a brief history of our previous attempt, please check out Patches 43 through 45
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1131