Issues with attacking/attack last

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
virtue

Issues with attacking/attack last

Post by virtue »

Okay, I have encountered an issue.

So say you attack someone who is blue, then they run into town. You go into town too in another spot to avoid them. They can come up to you and without even making you punch them can attack you from far away and it will cause you to "aggresor" them automatically when makes it say "guards can be called on you".

Keep in mind this is being many feet in front of you, you didn't even do anything.

I don't think it's supposed to work this way.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Issues with attacking/attack last

Post by tekai »

Ive brought this up before way back and it was agreed there was a problem.

Its default run uo code though so derrick would have to do some major changes i think, which is why it hasnt been fixed yet. So many projects.

Currently on UOSA if you double click someone in war mode you go grey, can be guardwhacked and are elegiable for a count.

Im not sure if you were supposed to go grey before swinging, or being guardwhacked. but im 100% sure you were not supposed to get a count. that was verified.
[broken image]

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

you need another key for clear target que or cancel current target or whatever cant remember which one.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Can you make the first post clearer?

I don't understand it.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

He attacked a blue outside the guardzone, the persuit carried back into town. The blue did an attack last on him which prompted the message guards can now be called on you...which I never had happened before.

Unless the two minute timer had passed, it shouldnt have worked this way.

I am thinking he had to have double clicked the blue first.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

virtue

Post by virtue »

Okay let me explain this more clearly, sorry for the confusion.

Okay.

What happened was I attacked a blue outside of town and went grey. He ran into guards, so I of course gave up. 30 seconds later I goto the bank and he is there. Which is fine since I am no longer attacking him, but I'm still grey of course since only 30 seconds has passed.

He then "double clicks me" or uses "attack last" and suddenly it says "guards can be called on you!" and then I get guard whacked.

He didn't even walk next to me and cause me to punch him to deserve this guard whacking.

The issue is the fact that I got guard whacked when I wasn't even standing next to him to do anything that should have deserved this. He simply double clicked me in war mode and guards could be called on me. I attacked him outside of town and walked into town with no intention of resuming the fight but he forced me to "be aggressive" towards him by double clicking my character in war mode.

Also, it's fine that you go grey or flag when attacking someone in war mode. You're supposed to get guard whacked for doing that. But what I am saying is you're not supposed to be able to do what was done to me, I didn't do any clicking to get guard whacked. The person who guard whacked me was the other person.

Lol, if you think about it it's a really messed up scenario. Needs fixing = )

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, that doesn't seem right me me either. Moving this to bug reports.

Thanks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

See I didnt think it could work that way.
I gated/recalled into town grey before and never had that happen. Kind of spooky if you ask me.

Lately there seems to be some flukes in the flagging system. If it's supposed to work like that it shouldn't IMO.

If it did this and it wasn't supposed to this isn't the only problem that's been associated with flagging lately.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.