Spell Titles + Auto Unequip for Casting,Pots + Light Filter

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sentinel

Spell Titles + Auto Unequip for Casting,Pots + Light Filter

Post by Sentinel »

Warning: This post is taken from memory. Stop reading if you don't think that's a valid source!

I know these are Razor features and minor at best but I don't remember the name of the spells being cast displayed during the era.

For example if a player casts "In Lor" they would just say "In Lor" and not "In Lor (Night Sight)". I might be mistaken though.

The same goes for the feature which allows you to automatically unequip weapons when drinking a potion or casting a spell. The message you get, even here, was/is, "You cannot cast spells or meditate with your hands occupied/weapon equipped".

The Light Filter is definitely nothing short of cheating IMHO too. Dungeons were meant to be dark. If something can be done about this then players will have incentive to sell Night Sight kegs and NPC Alchemists will have more cash from people buying those potions. Or players will just turn up the brightness on their monitor.

I don't know if there's any way the Staff can make some server side scripts to block these functions but if they could it would definitely add to accuracy lest I'm wrong about some of this.

Derrick

Re: Spell Titles + Auto Unequip for Casting,Pots + Light Filter

Post by Derrick »

There is another pretty big thread currently discussing this here: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11457

The spell name interpretation was available in UOAssist, an OSI approved program in T2A.

Although these features are disable-able in Razor, the server side negotiation feature would force players to use Razor to connect to UOSA. Razor is not currently functioning with the latest OSI client version.

There are a lot of suggested feature removals in the other thread.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sentinel

Re: Spell Titles + Auto Unequip for Casting,Pots + Light Filter

Post by Sentinel »

Thanks. Didn't know about the other thread. That's a shame about the Razor situation. I didn't even know there were other programs for connecting here :O