Suggestion: How many points should silver coins be?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

How much do you think silver coins should be worth?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 am

half a point
41%
one point
35%
two points
No votes
Scrap the whole deal and call the coins a rare.
24%

Total votes: 17

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Suggestion: How many points should silver coins be?

Post by GuardianKnight »

I edited to be less pushy.
Silver coins are prob best thing to keep people active in those events so i changed my first post here to say everyone should probably just be happy with what you are getting. My second suggestion down here is valid though.

Also as a secondary suggestion, put a cool down on team switching on those games. I'm tired of my team jumping ship to be with the people they think are going to win. It's really destructive when all the servers top pvpers take on everyone else .

**edit** Yes i know that half a point is generous at best. And i may be a bit bias in even suggesting this sort of thing. But i'm bored and really wanna know everyone's opinon on it.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Suggestion: Make silver coins 1 pt each. Here is why.

Post by son »

They used to be worth 1 point, pretty sure D will make em 1/2
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Pro

Post by Pro »

ye its a good idea to make them 1 now that GK bought loads at a very low price.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Pro wrote:ye its a good idea to make them 1 now that GK bought loads at a very low price.

pshh....low price my butt. People making me pay normal price and they don't even know for sure that it's 1/'2 a point.

What a very angry sounding reply pro.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

What was the point of giving any rewards for CTF after they were taken out?

Trophy's should be limited to PvP Events (1v1,2v2,3v3, etc.) and PvM Quests.

Trophy's realistically should be phased out so they are actually rare.... last time I checked trophy's were not on OSI at all. The crowd defending the trophy system simply want easy access to free gold/rares.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:Trophy's realistically should be phased out so they are actually rare.... last time I checked trophy's were not on OSI at all. The crowd defending the trophy system simply want easy access to free gold/rares.
Might as well just say the trophy turn in system should be scrapped and there should be no way to get crazy items like cobwebs with squirming corpses in them or hued masks.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Kabal wrote:
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:Trophy's realistically should be phased out so they are actually rare.... last time I checked trophy's were not on OSI at all. The crowd defending the trophy system simply want easy access to free gold/rares.
Might as well just say the trophy turn in system should be scrapped and there should be no way to get crazy items like cobwebs with squirming corpses in them or hued masks.

The system doesn't need to be scrapped, trophy handouts need to be drastically reduced and maybe eventually eliminated. Leave the system in place for existing trophies.

The system itself while inaccurate is not all that bad.... unless every event drops trophies. Face it how many events are there per day? Like 4 to 5 per day. Trophies should be limited to PvP and PvM events and those events should not occur more than once a week.

Think of it this way, Every day multiple events are held that give out trophies.... every day.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:
Kabal wrote:

The system doesn't need to be scrapped, trophy handouts need to be drastically reduced and maybe eventually eliminated. Leave the system in place for existing trophies.

The system itself while inaccurate is not all that bad.... unless every event drops trophies. Face it how many events are there per day? Like 4 to 5 per day. Trophies should be limited to PvP and PvM events and those events should not occur more than once a week.

Think of it this way, Every day multiple events are held that give out trophies.... every day.
This dance has been done several times, read past threads about stupid trophies in dd/ctf
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Homie »

Lord Cavewight of GL wrote: Think of it this way, Every day multiple events are held that give out trophies.... every day.
yes, and it still takes a long time to acquire enough points for a rare thats worth it. its not like a hued mask here and an unique item there within a week.

it takes several months of constantly playing on this server to get the trophies and gold. It should be seen as a kind of reward for playing actively on this shard.

I think 1/2 point per silver coin would be (is?!) fine and im really glad something has changed about it.

Tron

Post by Tron »

Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:What was the point of giving any rewards for CTF after they were taken out?

Trophy's should be limited to PvP Events (1v1,2v2,3v3, etc.) and PvM Quests.

Trophy's realistically should be phased out so they are actually rare.... last time I checked trophy's were not on OSI at all. The crowd defending the trophy system simply want easy access to free gold/rares.
This argument is not what this thread is about and not something that needs to be argued. This system is new and it's what the majority wanted. You'll have to live with it for awhile because there is no reason to change it.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Suggestion: How many points should silver coins be?

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Be nice to have them instead of being used as trophy points, have monetary value for them in place of checks attributing no weight to them and having stacks count only as stones. Like each one could be worth 500 GP, and removing the gold reward entirely. You could only use them in Player to Player trnasfers as players would be the only ones who could redeem them.

Again I am dreaming, would be nice though.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

this sindra guy always sayin wacky sht

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Hey tron can you make me an avatar gif? that thing is hilarious.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*