Unsure about which features are in T2A

Moderator: Support Moderators

Brootus

Unsure about which features are in T2A

Post by Brootus »

Wanted to start by saying that I was a 5 year UO-player from the day it came out. It was sad to see the game shoot itself in the foot over and over again and it's exciting to see private shards like this one popping up and becoming popular. Huge props to the developers and maintainers of this UOSA shard.

Anyways... I've been reading a bunch of FAQ posts and other "new player" posts, so I'm sorry if this has been posted/asked elsewhere and I just missed it, but I have a few questions I'd like to know before I start killing 1000 sheep to level up my skills.

#1 I'm having a hard time remembering exactly what "T2A" consists of... Is T2A the introduction of faction-fighting and trammel/felucca? And the recdu/recsu stuff to go to the other world? Those are all things that I am assuming are in this game.

#2 concerning faction fighting (assuming it is in T2A), is this a popular thing people take part in on a regular basis? Does the game have the sigils and taking-of-towns implemented with factions?

#3 concerning "world pvp". I know that with reds = stat loss = not much world pvp and i understand from reading posts that dungeons are usually empty and that when there is pvp it's more of a gank squad more than random pks running around solo. My question is, are there any hot spots where one is likely to find some action? I remember back when I played there were spots like the britain xroads or particular dungeons were popular whereas others weren't. Is it like that in this game? And if so... where should i go!?

Thanks for helping me to answer these questions. All I can say is that if I get positive reponses that world pvp and faction fighting is at least moderately active, I will be bringing a considerable additional player-base to this community! Old UOers who loved what it used to be and love what this shard might be offering!

So help me out and inform me so I and my many friends can get involved!

Thanks again
~Brootus

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Unsure about which features are in T2A

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Brootus wrote:Wanted to start by saying that I was a 5 year UO-player from the day it came out. It was sad to see the game shoot itself in the foot over and over again and it's exciting to see private shards like this one popping up and becoming popular. Huge props to the developers and maintainers of this UOSA shard.

Anyways... I've been reading a bunch of FAQ posts and other "new player" posts, so I'm sorry if this has been posted/asked elsewhere and I just missed it, but I have a few questions I'd like to know before I start killing 1000 sheep to level up my skills.

#1 I'm having a hard time remembering exactly what "T2A" consists of... Is T2A the introduction of faction-fighting and trammel/felucca? And the recdu/recsu stuff to go to the other world? Those are all things that I am assuming are in this game.

#2 concerning faction fighting (assuming it is in T2A), is this a popular thing people take part in on a regular basis? Does the game have the sigils and taking-of-towns implemented with factions?

#3 concerning "world pvp". I know that with reds = stat loss = not much world pvp and i understand from reading posts that dungeons are usually empty and that when there is pvp it's more of a gank squad more than random pks running around solo. My question is, are there any hot spots where one is likely to find some action? I remember back when I played there were spots like the britain xroads or particular dungeons were popular whereas others weren't. Is it like that in this game? And if so... where should i go!?

Thanks for helping me to answer these questions. All I can say is that if I get positive reponses that world pvp and faction fighting is at least moderately active, I will be bringing a considerable additional player-base to this community! Old UOers who loved what it used to be and love what this shard might be offering!

So help me out and inform me so I and my many friends can get involved!

Thanks again
~Brootus
1.) T2A is the addition of the Lost Lands(Recdu,Recsu stuff). There is no Trammel or Faction warring.

2.) Again there is no faction fighting, only Order/Chaos. I however, am not an active PvPer so my comments on PvP activity would be better left to someone else. I do feel the PvP scene is somewhat in stagnation, just MHO.

3.) There are hotspots, but as stated above I beleive the PvP scene here needs a injection of "new blood" if you will, to make things a bit more active. There are plenty of PvPers still playing that would more than likely be very open to having some new competion. Just hop on IRC and your bound to meet a few of them.

Return to “New Player Help”