stolen key

Moderator: Support Moderators

Anomen

stolen key

Post by Anomen »

Hallo,

Someone stole my ship key and now i cant enter my ship with the second key. How is that possible? When the key was stolen, I was far away from my ship.

The same person stole the key from my box where i have my reagents. Now i cant open it with magic. Is there another possibility to open it?

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: stolen key

Post by Duke Jones »

You ship key can be used as a "recall rune."

What happened was that is when it was stolen, the thief recalled off it and, then dry-docked it, making your original key useless. Sorry. :(

Well, here's something you should keep in mind for boat security:

-NEVER keep your key on you!!! Keep it in the bank or a secure container in your home. Recall off the key when you want to get onto your boat.
-NEVER park your boat on a tile next to land, give yourself a buffer of at least 1 water tile. There bugs/features with planks and the ground-boat tile sharing that can let people WALK onto your boat (in some cases with the boat locked, even!)
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Anomen

Post by Anomen »

Good to know. Ty for your answer Duke!

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Yeah I always just leave my key in the bank and recall to it when I need to use it. Luckily they are not that expensive just go do some farming for a bit and buy another. Even with an average warrior you can get another boat fairly quickly.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

As for your Reg box make a char with 50 lock picking and just pick it, or find some one you can trust that has lock picking

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!

Return to “New Player Help”