Guide : Macroing Magery - Some Helpful Hints

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
sMikedufFx

Re: Guide : Macroing Magery - Some Helpful Hints

Post by sMikedufFx »

Hey guys ! Ive two questions. First, Ive been macroing magery for a few hours now and im stuck at ( 57 real, 63,9 normal ). Ive been trying to doenergy bolts and lightnings but none of these seems to work... Is that a bug ?

Second, my magic resist is not raising ... Is it normal ?

Thanks in advance !

- Mikeduff

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Make sure magery and resisting spells are turned up, and that if your at the 700 skill cap another skill is turned down.

If you macro magery in town you will not gain resisting spells.

Make sure your razor macro is working and that you have enough regs to macro.

All I have is the common sense advice, any problem other than that is probably a bug or something.

grimsk

Post by grimsk »

here's my Macro
Nothing shiny but it's work

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|77299|4464|1171|0|400
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.7000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|1|12
Assistant.Macros.MacroCastSpellAction|30
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you enter
Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|1|1|44|3600
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03
What it do? Well
It's use meditation when you're to low to cast the spell and use the restock agents close to a bank.
It's with using Lighning 50-62 close to da bank.So just change the spell and the restock agents when ye are Higher

IdleBlade

Post by IdleBlade »

Any suggestions on gaining Magery when starting at 30-ish? I bought some Magery for my dexxer and would like to get it high enough to g-heal/recall consistently.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

You can raise faster at higher levels by casting earthquake which doesn't target anything specifically...and high level spells are better suited to raise your meditation after depeleting your mana so much. The five second hat trick isn't really necessary as you gain in meditation throughout your whole meditation session. So at low levels the hat trick may seem nifty but at higher levels with your intelligence higher the comfort in meditation is it can raise without having to click a thousand times or playing hat tricks.
I raise faster with higher level spells and I don't need to spend all that harned earned mint on thousands of regs I could be using in real gameplay instead of looking like a dunce in a corner reciting my lessons endlessly in front of a bunch of lint picking theives.
The only drawback is you must do it out of town...if you call that a drawback at all.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Add another account by adding a 2 after your name and password having opened razor twice. Make a healer character with 50 magery and 50 healing. Macro Anatomy until Gmed on the Healer character. Make 3000 bandages and all the regs you can buy to cast the hardest circle level your primary character can buy. Macro Healing with the Healer character and Macro casting the spell at the level you are at.
If your magery or eval is too high and you think you still might die (which is highly unlikely without interference), get healing up higher on your healer have him keep trying to raise a ghost from the dead with his bandaging in macro.
8th circle spells are mostly summons...and although Earthquake is faster it can turn you grey and make aggressive anything on screen as it harms all around you so macro the summons instead.
Now split your screens by minimizing each so you can watch the action and interact as two seperate characters.
You can even have a macro which heals anyone that stands next to your healer, say in your house. Someone even suggested having the Healer follow you to aide in combat, but in PVP that is a highly dishonorable act but PVM seems acceptable enough.
Having two accounts is the only way you can do this if you are a friendless newbie or highly paranoid (even rightfully so) of other PCs. But there are alot of people here who are willing to help as their characters need to raise skills too you know.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Another helpful assistant is an item Identifier/Arms Lore/ Crafter to have at home. Why have all these non adventuring skills on a game if they won't be used? Have some NPCs about, Detecting Hidden and Forensics on House security for example that bans all stealthers when found.
The list can go on.

Furync

Post by Furync »

A long long time ago on OSI, I used to get my magery to around 50ish on a new character using a single earthquake scroll. Just dbl-click it , then hold down last object key and around 50 it would succeed. At which point I would switch to the normal route... I dont know if it works here though, I have not tested it.

Might be interesting to find out...
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Furync wrote:A long long time ago on OSI, I used to get my magery to around 50ish on a new character using a single earthquake scroll. Just dbl-click it , then hold down last object key and around 50 it would succeed. At which point I would switch to the normal route... I dont know if it works here though, I have not tested it.

I remember this too, You could use the same lvl-8 scroll until about 60 magery when you finally cast and consumed the scroll.

Opera

Post by Opera »

I can confirm using a scroll still works for magery gains. I'm using a poly scroll at 39 and it's going up.

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

When raising Resistance with Magery, how much Resistance is needed to reliably shrug off the high-offense spells in Explosion, E-bolt, and Flame Strike (and possible Meteor and Chain Lightning)?

I'll have 200 points to devote to Magery, Resistance, and Meditation (the other 500 go to Swords, Parry, Healing, Anatomy, and Tactics), so it needs to be within reason.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Foxhound3857 wrote:When raising Resistance with Magery, how much Resistance is needed to reliably shrug off the high-offense spells in Explosion, E-bolt, and Flame Strike (and possible Meteor and Chain Lightning)?

I'll have 200 points to devote to Magery, Resistance, and Meditation (the other 500 go to Swords, Parry, Healing, Anatomy, and Tactics), so it needs to be within reason.
What do you want to do with magery?

If just recall, 60 should be just fine. Also, if all you're really using it for is recall, just drop meditation completely.

60 magery, 100 resist, 40 medit?
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

zzyzx wrote:
Foxhound3857 wrote:When raising Resistance with Magery, how much Resistance is needed to reliably shrug off the high-offense spells in Explosion, E-bolt, and Flame Strike (and possible Meteor and Chain Lightning)?

What do you want to do with magery?

If just recall, 60 should be just fine. Also, if all you're really using it for is recall, just drop meditation completely.

60 magery, 100 resist, 40 medit?
I plan to use more than Recall (Bless and Greater Heal for example). But I also need it high enough to reliably cast Blade Spirit (for ogre lords) and Mark.

Unless I can break the 225 Stat Cap in t2a, my stats will be: 100str, 80dex, 45int.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Furync wrote:A long long time ago on OSI, I used to get my magery to around 50ish on a new character using a single earthquake scroll. Just dbl-click it , then hold down last object key and around 50 it would succeed. At which point I would switch to the normal route... I dont know if it works here though, I have not tested it.

I remember this too, You could use the same lvl-8 scroll until about 60 magery when you finally cast and consumed the scroll.
This actually does not work... you apparently cannot gain off of a cast, or scroll, when you have 0% chance of success. This contradicts Matron & Fury's recollection... I don't remember anything one way or another.

panthr6868
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide : Macroing Magery - If not raising resist

Post by panthr6868 »

And you don't want to draw attention to yourself, when casting... target a chest or strongbox. you won't get the visual and sound effects but will still raise your skill

Return to “Guides”