Guide : Macroing Magery - Some Helpful Hints

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Pirul

Re: Guide : Macroing Magery - Some Helpful Hints

Post by Pirul »

Incivility wrote:I get how to make this macro up until the first "end if" from there I'm lost. Can someone dumb it down for me? I just started playing UOSA 4 days ago. Slowly learning how to use razor.
This is as simple as it gets. If you're doing it in a "safe spot" in your house (the center tile of a small, or any tile 2 spaces away from the walls of any other private building) you can probably skip the restock agent, and just load yourself up with regs. Use a separate cchar for healing with bandages.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

riant
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by riant »

Pirul wrote:
Incivility wrote:I get how to make this macro up until the first "end if" from there I'm lost. Can someone dumb it down for me? I just started playing UOSA 4 days ago. Slowly learning how to use razor.
This is as simple as it gets. If you're doing it in a "safe spot" in your house (the center tile of a small, or any tile 2 spaces away from the walls of any other private building) you can probably skip the restock agent, and just load yourself up with regs. Use a separate cchar for healing with bandages.
With really bad timing, you could have someone cast earthquake just before you cast FS on yourself.
Pepin
Alfred
Witchfoot
Lilly B

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

riant wrote:
Pirul wrote:
With really bad timing, you could have someone cast earthquake just before you cast FS on yourself.
True, there is about a 2 sec window between the HP check and taking the dmg from the FS where you can die. It is hard to pull off, but still possible to do.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

It's actually very easy to time EQ with someone's macro if you know how. There is a 1 second damage delay from the time the flamestrike is released until the damage is done, the HP check may take about .1 of a second..

Flamestrike takes 2 seconds to cast + 1 second damage delay. Earthquake takes 2.25 seconds to cast. You have .75 of a second from the time the person begins casting to begin casting EQ... just spam allnames until you see (frozen) and then hit your EQ scroll macro. Even if you have the health point check around the targeting (as I do), it is nowhere near fail proof.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Meradin

Post by Meradin »

although i am new here, it would seem to me to be much cheaper, faster, and safer to macro magery by it self, just casting on a spellbook, then once GMed, have some friends summon as many deamons as possible, then get on a boat, have all the deamons attack said person on boat, you may need two healers depending on how many deamons, but this is the fastest way to GM resist IMHO, once you get it goin. What we used to do was find two reapers close together, then have them cast on one char while another macroed healing. also bone mage room, there is a spot u can tele, to if u get a healer in there, it is great gains to 80ish.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Why wouldn't you use Summon Daemon to get you to GM Magery as well? Kill two birds with one stone.

Meradin

Post by Meradin »

Mikel123 wrote:Why wouldn't you use Summon Daemon to get you to GM Magery as well? Kill two birds with one stone.
Thats exactly how we did it, if i remember correctly we also used alot of deamon scrolls, so or scribes would gm making deamon scrolls, then we would use them to help gain magery to about 70ish, and also use them for resist.

randale

Post by randale »

Mikel123 wrote:Why wouldn't you use Summon Daemon to get you to GM Magery as well? Kill two birds with one stone.
Because of the Karma Loss

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Karma is too easy to come along on this shard.

ONEmortal

Post by ONEmortal »

Well none of these macros online helped me. They all failed to work. That being said I decided to post what I eventually made that works for me.

For one, I don't want my mana to be down to 0 before I start meditating. This doesn't work with meditation skill gain checks, and makes my meditation skill gain horribly slow. I would rather check it around the level of my "sweet spot" and go from there. The only time I would want my guy to continue meditating is when I have success and just wish to see the full mana bar.

Two, I am macroing in towns and have no use for an HP check.

Three, some macros I found were restocking before meditation checks. While 1 reg isn't going to make a difference if I got stolen from, it's nice to know that while meditation is happening my backpack is empty at all times.

This is how my macro looks inside of Razor (not a copy-paste of jargon for notepad, I do not know how that works anyways.)

Code: Select all

If ( Mana <= 75 )
UseSkill Meditation
Pause .50sec
If ( SysMessage "meditative" )
Pause .25sec
Wait for Mana >= 95
Else
Pause 10.50sec
End If
Else
Exec: Restock Agent-1
Absolute Target
Pause 1.00 sec
Exec: Restock Agent-2
Absolute Target
Pause 1.00 sec
CastSpell Energy Bolt (#42)
Wait for Target [5sec timeout]
Exec: Target Self
Pause .75sec
End If
What this does is first checks to see if my mana is below 75 because with my current meditation skill that is my approximate sweet spot to see meditation gains. If it is below 75, I meditate. If I succeed, it will wait until 95 mana before continuing on. If I fail, it will try to meditate again in 10 seconds. As my meditation goes higher, I will lower the mana check so I continue to see proper gains.

If my mana isn't below 75, it runs the regular macro which is grab 1 black pearl, 1 nightshade from bank, and cast EB on myself. In event should I fail to meditate ever, and my passive meditation gets me past 75, then I will most likely passively regen to about 80 before I cast again, and if its a success, I am down to 60 mana and my meditation begins again. This is hit-or-miss and I have yet to figure out how to avoid that situation perfectly. HOWEVER, As it stands though, I am seeing proper meditation gains as it should be. With any other way I am not seeing any meditation gains.

Why this macro works, and the others I've seen on the web and even the one right in this thread didn't work, is beyond me. If this one helps someone though then good stuff.

Also, I would never have been able to come up with this macro if not for using the others on the web and this thread as an example to build from. So credit is given where credit is due. I merely tailored this one specifically for my own needs.

Steely McBeam

Post by Steely McBeam »

Did they nerf magery, I've spent 2.4k regs going from 96 - 96.6 ..... a bit ridiculous to cast 2400 times and get 6 gains....

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Steely McBeam wrote:Did they nerf magery, I've spent 2.4k regs going from 96 - 96.6 ..... a bit ridiculous to cast 2400 times and get 6 gains....
Oddly enough I'm about where you are at macroing magery today. However I just checked and so far today I've burned through about a thousand flamestrike regs and after that many casts I've gone from 96 to 97.1. Really bad luck maybe?
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Steely McBeam

Post by Steely McBeam »

1.1 gains over 1000 casts seems about right to me, that percentage adds up, but 3 gains every 1200 must mean im bad luck... lol i can deal with 1% chance of gaining, but beyond that... come on!

Sir QuiGon

Post by Sir QuiGon »

okay i am working magery on my scribe who doesn't really need resist, Do casting the same spells still apply?

I'm looking for low cost rather than saving time lol
UO experience:
Atlantic 1997-2005
Characters:
Gandalf
Bowen
Sir QuiGon
Sir Gandalf

TheManWithNoName

Post by TheManWithNoName »

Sir QuiGon wrote:okay i am working magery on my scribe who doesn't really need resist, Do casting the same spells still apply?

I'm looking for low cost rather than saving time lol
yes, casting the same spells still applies imo. but with a scribe you only really need 80.1 magery, so depending on your starting magery skill you just need to do the standard lightning, eb routine until you hit the magic number. when you switch to inscription do the same spell routine: lightning, eb, fs to gm. same regs for both skills makes it easy to know what to get and helps cut down on cost.

depending on your med skill, i would only spend the time doing the liquor training method to get your med up to the same magery level when you start training magery. you can do med within the magery/inscription macro, so you will easily gm med without spending the extra time training it on its own.
IRC: NoName

Return to “Guides”