Gm parry in 45 minutes or less

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Gm parry in 45 minutes or less

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Use a small buckler shield, be prepaired to replace it every few minutes. Have a character standing by to heal you.

Tame as many birds and sheep as you can (I used 40) and take them to the front of your house. Put 2 tables in a corner and have a mage stand inside and gate to outside. Let your 40 pets follow you in onto the 1 tile trapped behind the tables. Now get your parrier equipped with some full plate and a tiny buckler. Toss a lesser explode at the pets and then tab out. Now walk into the corner of the tables so all 40 hit you and try to stay alive.

This is what it looks like, have fun.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Gm parry in 45 minutes or less

Post by Batlin »

You sure are testing out every skill on this server.

Nice tip. Thanks.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

cokomantis

Post by cokomantis »

really nice tip. But i noticed you are GM wrestler MatronDeWinter. don't the animals miss a lot with you wielding no weapon? (or wielding "wrestling") i think the attackers need to actualy hit the parrier for parrying check to be made.

anyway, 30-60 minutes is still really fast! =D

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

cokomantis wrote:really nice tip. But i noticed you are GM wrestler MatronDeWinter. don't the animals miss a lot with you wielding no weapon? (or wielding "wrestling") i think the attackers need to actualy hit the parrier for parrying check to be made.

anyway, 30-60 minutes is still really fast! =D
You are right about that. The only reason I was not holding a weapon that would garuntee I be hit, is because I was a little over-enthusiastic when I gathered my animals. If I took every hit, I would instantly die LOL.

It would be ideal to get the exact number of animals that wont kill you, and use a weapon skill that you have no proficiency in.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Also, no need to tame all those animals. It's probably easier to earn 2000 gp and then just go to a stable and buy 10 rabbits and 10 cats.

Also, wearing plate armor is a huge help. Without it, 20 animals and no weapon skill will kill you pretty quickly, even with a GM healer helping you out.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I just noticed that the main post says to use a small buckler. That is no longer the case.

Use the larges shield that provides the most armor you can find. The gain is the same no matter what you use, so you mine as well get the added armor.

cokomantis

Post by cokomantis »

Again, thanks for the tips.

I find it hard to believe that some stupid birds and cats can kill a person, though I'm sure it's true. =)

Falco

Post by Falco »

10 birds and 10 cats could kill in real life if they really wanted to....Just saying hehe :lol:

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Falco wrote:10 birds and 10 cats could kill in real life if they really wanted to....Just saying hehe :lol:
Give me platemail armor, a sword, a shield, a bow and an arena irl and I'll show you how to f**k up 10 birds and 10 cats.

Heck, I don't even need the shield.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

Will try this. I have done something like this in the past but I used cats 15 or 20 I forget.
But I like the bird idea hit faster and not as hard as the cats.

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Just tried this method using heater shields. It was fast, but you can't gm in anything like 45 minutes anymore. You will also go through a TON of armor. I was helping a guildmate with it, used 850 bandages, about 5-6 different sets of armor and 10 or so shields, only got to 70 parry. This was with 40 cats vs 0 wrestle. Roughly an hour and a half. And yeah, 40 cats were far too many (didnt read further than the first post). I think 25 or so would be the sweet spot with a gm healer.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I'll add... I would suggest actually using metal kite shields. Why? Any shield is going to be enough to block the damage of these animals. But, those shields have the most HPs, so they will take the most hits before breaking.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

The rate of gain might be a little slower than it was, but here were my steps:

craft 3 sets of plate armor
craft an additional 3 plate chest pieces
craft 8 metal kite shields

buy 30 rabbits/birds/whatever from the stable

Dress yourself in full plate, with a kite shield in hand. go to Arm/Dress and set this as an outfit. Record a macro to Dress this outfit, pause 2000, loop. Additionally, I add a pet nearby, attacked it, and added "Attack Last Combatant" into the macro. This ensured I would not retaliate against my little buggers.

I then gated the little guys in, and trapped them. I had two GM healers around me (the green and blue... my parryer is in the silver), with macros set to heal every 5.5 seconds. I then hit play on one of them, waited around 2.75 seconds, and then hit play on the other. This was my attempt to ensure the bandages would be staggered and I'd get healed every 3 seconds or so.

I then used Mass Curse to aggro the little guys (was worried about a purple potion killing most of them), attacked the pet on the side (for last combatant), and went to town.

Including prep time, it took around 10k in supplies/pets and about one hour to go from 0 to GM.
Attachments
GM Parry.jpg
GM Parry.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 19555 times
Last edited by Mikel123 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

You can GM it in <10 minutes on test by having a guard try to kill you

Messiah

Post by Messiah »

Would like to say this guide is almost 100% spot on. I used my tamer to tame 25-30 random animals (eagle, sheep, goats, birds, hind) and had a healer healing the guy training parry.

So I would not attack the animals I had another trapped animal in the other corner and I spammed a macro attack last combatant (no pause, just loop). It took about 65 minutes once I started to go from 0 to GM.