The big FAQ Index. Must read for new players.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Derrick

The big FAQ Index. Must read for new players.

Post by Derrick »

I've tried to put some of the most pertinent information from the forums in one place here. There is a wealth of specific information in forums, but it can sometimes be hard to find using the search function. I'll continue to grow this as things come up, and if anyone has anything to add, please do so.

Getting Started: Tips from Players: General Shard Rules: Communicating with other players: Other helpful tips, in no particular order:
  • I found a healer, but he won't resurrect me...what do I do?
    • Move away from the healer (up to half a screen) and then walk back towards him/her. They can only ressurect you when they first notice you, and only if you are in a valid spot to be resurrected, i.e. you cannot be resurrected in a door.
  • How do I move my guildstone?
    • Guildmasters the ability to move, or teleport, their guildstones once a week.
      Selecting this option will give the Guildmaster a teleportation stone that they may take to the target house where the owner of the house may use it to teleport the guildstone to that location.
      When you are picking a location to teleport your guildstone, the location is designated by where your character stands.
      There is no "ghosted" image for you to pre-position the placement of the guildstone.
      Game Masters will not be able to move your guildstones as we have given this ability to you the player.
  • Is journal recording possible?
    • uo.cfg: JournalSaveFile=[Filename] or [Path and filename]
    • "This allows you to save all of the text that appears on your screen for later viewing."
    • Journal Recording
Era specific Combat and Magery info Housing information, security, and placement guidelines: Murder System:
  • Guide: Murder System and Stat Loss
  • We do have stat loss if you have more than 5 short term counts.
  • If you kill someone who later becomes disconnected of the shard restarts before they report you, you may be reported for murder when they log back in. This is often the source of "unexpected" murder counts.
  • You receive the count when the murder is reported, so it's possible that you may go red at a very inconvenient time, such as when you are in town.
Reputation Skill gain
  • Most skills are difficulty based.
  • Gains in melee skills and meditation can be confusing to new players because you do not gain if you are using the skills when you have either no chance of failure, or no chance of success.
  • Guide : Meditation
  • Meditation stuck
  • Combat skill gains are much slower when fighting players
Third Party programs
  • Only Razor is allowed to script in game actions.
  • All other programs of this type are not allowed at all. This will be harshly enforced
Mining, Lumberjacking, Fishing, Etc.
  • You may not gather resources unattended at all.
  • You must be in the vicinity of your PC and checking on it regularly.
  • Unattended fishing is not allowed from shore, nor on a boat.
  • This is another very harshly enforced rule, and violation of this is bannable.
  • This applies to the gathering of anything that is considered a resource including components for cloth.
Tips from players on getting scammed, and stolen from Client Problems Many UO:R and later era Features are out of the T2A era and are not supported here
  • Lumber-jacking and Arms Lore do not give a combat damage bonus.
  • There is no stun punch, or disarm
  • Poisoning is a crafting skill, it's only usefulness on the field is the ability to re-poison your weapon.
  • Wrestling will help prevent you from getting hit while you are casting a spell. There is no "Defensive Wrestling" involving anatomy
  • Much specific skill info can be sound in our Wiki
You're on your own:
  • We will not move you if you are not actually physically stuck in the map. If you become stranded on an island or elsewhere you may need to petition for help from another player.
  • Our harassment policies are here: Subject: Harassment Policies
  • We will not get involved in player disputes unless taken to an extreme.
  • We can not tell you who killed you, who looted your house, or give out the online status of another player
  • We do not give any equipment stats or skills to any player ever, nor will we "adjust" murder counts.
  • Staff on Second Age do not play. Our staff are very professional, and there is no favoritism here.
  • Keep your account secure: Subject: Account Security, Deletion and Hacking
  • If you share your account information with others, your account may be held responsible if rules such as our "Unattended resource gathering" policies are broken.
Hope this helps!
Last edited by Boomland Jenkins on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: AFK fishing from shore is no longer allowed.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The big FAQ Index. Must read for new players (under const..)

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Derrick wrote: We do not have an ingame messaging feature.
What about in-game chat? (Alt-T, or use options to "open"-"chat")

platypus

Post by platypus »

Just gotta say - very very nice, simple and clear guide Derrick. I'm sure this will help a lot of new players, so make sure to put a link to this post in gigantic bold text in the Guides or Downloads section of the main site. I think if this had been posted at the top of every forum a year and a half ago, there would be about half as many posts on the forums.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

We can not tell you who killed you, who looted your house, or give out the online status of another player
http://my.uosecondage.com/players.aspx

Don't forget about runebooks not being blessed, thats prob the most commonly asked question.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Return to “Guides”