Updated : How to GM Alchemy/Poisoning effectively.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
marmalade

Re: Updated : How to GM Alchemy/Poisoning effectively.

Post by marmalade »

+1 for you matron.

i used a modified version of your macros, just removed the auto cure sections and had an alt healing constantly. didnt want to waste the cure potions :)

ive been running it for roughly 20 hours id say and im at 92.7 alchy and 88.7 poisoning. very efficient, thank you good sir!

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Hoots wrote:Im at a loss in the 99's. Can anyone offer advice.

Tried multiple kegs of GP with zero gains and last night i burnt 8k shade with zero gains on DP.

Sitting at 99.4/99.3

Im Skill capped at 6x + poison at 99.3 and yes my last skill at .7 is facing down...(believe me, after 8k shade with no gains, i check, recheck and then check again at my skill tree)

Who was been here and what am i looking at to top off?

Thanks
Ok, ill answer myself incase anyone else has the same problem.

never...NEVER EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA for EVA NEVA use DP for poisoning...

With GP you may burn through a couple kegs with no gains but will hit jumps of .2-.4 in the same keg. I probably wasted 20k (60k gold) on DP...

I gained my last .7 last night with 5-6 kegs of GP... like i said, i hit some runs of no gains in 4+ kegs of GP but you just have to push through them i suppose.

Average Gp potion takes 5 shade while DP takes 40. Being able to poison 8x as often must be better than using the strongest poison. *hmm, that sure does sound like common sense...I love hindsight...*

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

I just started working these skills last night and edited your script a bit to be a little more streamlined (for me atleast) as I couldn't get multiple mortars all grinding at once...it would just stop on the one I was using and try to reuse it. Probably an issue with my razor...but here goes:

Wait for Hits >= 100 (crafter has 100 str...adjust for your str)
loop for (1 of 1)
Dbl Click by type (mortar)
Pause .150
Target by type (nightshade)
pause .150
Menu Selection 1 (as i was working lesser poison, adjust for different pots)
Pause 15.150
If sysmessage "you fail"
end if
else
Use skill Poisoning
pause .150
target by type (green potion)
pause .150
target by type (skinning knife)
pause 5.150

Couple notes on this macro...

First line will wait till you have full health before beginning, in case you get poisoned and don't want to use regs to make cure pots...once I get to higher levels of poison I may add in a if poisoned then/else statement to use a cure pot.

Second section is the alchemy section, it will loop it to infinity until you successfully make a potion.

Third section is the poisoning section...no need to loop you will either have success or fail but either way your potion is gone.

You do want to have plenty of potion bottles on hand, especially if you are going to macro for an extended time frame. Due to server saves sometimes the macro will run its course before the potion appears in your backpack, giving you an extra poison potion that will not get used until you run out of nightshade and the macro loops them gone. Macroed through the night with no problem.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Thank you for this post. Again, another hard macro explained for dummies, I had so much difficulty with this one before.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I have a GM poisoner/alchemist and now I want to make a poisoner dexer which means I'll be making the potions with a separate character.
Any tips on setting up an afk macro for just poisoning?
I was thinking of using kegs and a system message that detects "the keg is empty", or surrounding myself with chests full of potions and using a restock agent somehow, not sure how that would work though.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

System Messages sometimes get wonky; it's a bummer to set it up to run overnight only to find it broke after 1 keg. I'd suggest the slow and steady method:

I'd set up, say, 5 kegs around me, and record something like this:

Double-click keg 1
Pause 1000
Double-click keg 2
Pause 1000
Double-click keg 3
Pause 1000
Double-click keg 4
Pause 1000
Double-click keg 5
Pause 1000
For (5) loops:
If (Green potion >=1)
Use Skill Poisoning
Wait for Target
Target Green Potion
Wait for Target
Target weapon
Pause 8000
End If
End For

If you have more than 5 kegs, just change the # of loops and record a double-click of the extra kegs as well. And make sure you have 5 (or whatever) bottles in your pack.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I had my alchy making pots and dropping them into a keg, and my poisoner double-clicking the keg to get the pots out and apply the poison. Slow down your alchy with a timer so that it doesn't bug out the poison char (for some reason my poisoner would stop recognizing the green pots whenever the keg was maxed out.)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

migz

Post by migz »

Good looks Matron, this macro is the butter 2 my bread baby. My skill is flying up, as I have an alt healer to reduce the time.

jerryrelease
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by jerryrelease »

I'd say this is the shit. Just GM'd alchemy and at 96.7 poisoning. Just over 24 hours of grinding it I'd say.

Ransom Random

Post by Ransom Random »

I have a small tip for this macro, I know this from OSI days and it works here, but for some reason I never see any mention of it. I hide at a shrine and set my poison macro, but at the end of it, I double click the shrine. This way if you are poisoned it will automatically cure you. This saves in time and resources and works on remove trap if you work with poison traps. Any shrine will work, and you aren't revealed by the poisoning or the curing. The only downside is you have to restock every so often

Drinky_Smurf

Post by Drinky_Smurf »

I'm having an issue with my poisoning macro...

I have a keg full of poisons and a poison potion in my bag. When I try to use a macro for poisoning it always messes up and is forced to time out. Here is my macro...

Use Skill: Poisoning
Wait for Target
Target by Type Green Potion
Wait for Target (this is where it hangs every time)
Absolute Target (my dagger)
Pause 10 sec.

Anyone offer any help on getting this working right?

Dreed

Post by Dreed »

Thanks Matron, this works perfectly!

mr mahony

Post by mr mahony »

Hoots wrote:
Hoots wrote:Im at a loss in the 99's. Can anyone offer advice.

Tried multiple kegs of GP with zero gains and last night i burnt 8k shade with zero gains on DP.

Sitting at 99.4/99.3

Im Skill capped at 6x + poison at 99.3 and yes my last skill at .7 is facing down...(believe me, after 8k shade with no gains, i check, recheck and then check again at my skill tree)

Who was been here and what am i looking at to top off?

Thanks
Ok, ill answer myself incase anyone else has the same problem.

never...NEVER EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA for EVA NEVA use DP for poisoning...

With GP you may burn through a couple kegs with no gains but will hit jumps of .2-.4 in the same keg. I probably wasted 20k (60k gold) on DP...

I gained my last .7 last night with 5-6 kegs of GP... like i said, i hit some runs of no gains in 4+ kegs of GP but you just have to push through them i suppose.

Average Gp potion takes 5 shade while DP takes 40. Being able to poison 8x as often must be better than using the strongest poison. *hmm, that sure does sound like common sense...I love hindsight...*

Need help I am using this exact same macro for poisoning but it doesnt work. alchemy works fine but when it makes the potion it sayds wha poison and doesnt work....

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I just did another poisoner and I went from 50 to gm in a little more than 2 server ups. Started at server up January 13th and hit GM at 11:AM January 15th (server up is at 4:AM pacific time).

I used Hichas method of having a GM alchemist fill a keg while the poisoner takes from it.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

decapitator

Post by decapitator »

Having a problem with setting up a Poisoner macro. It looks like this:

Use skill Poisoning
Pause .15 sec
Wait for Target
Target by Type: Green Potion
Pause .15 sec
Wait for Target (this is where the macro gets stuck on)
Target by Type Dagger
Pause 6 sec

Any suggestions are appreciated.