What I wish I knew sooner - Volume 2

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

What I wish I knew sooner - Volume 2

Post by violator »

When I started here, my first character was an archer for some reason that probably seemed to make sense at the time, but I cannot currently remember. It took me quite a while to get enough gold to buy a small house, which I somehow managed to do before even GMing archery. It then took my a great deal of time to GM archery, which I was able to do from my small house, by luring t-map spawn over to a bridge and shooting them until they were dead, or I ran out of arrows.

What I would do differently (and this is going to be Captain Obvious material for most) is my first character would be a bard. It is far easier/faster to make money with a bard, and that money can be used to fund the building of your other characters. GMing magery is relatively expensive unless you're already rich. GMing blacksmithing takes considerably longer if you're not able to source ingots from vendors. And so on and so forth...

Another thing that you can do is join a guild. Immortal Lords helped me out a lot when I was new here. Currently the Avengers of Justice (AoJ) guild is a great choice for players just getting started out here, and actually for veterans too who are not strictly into the "gank squad" style of play.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: What I wish I knew sooner - Volume 2

Post by Mens Rea »

Thanks for sharing

DianSmokes

Re: What I wish I knew sooner - Volume 2

Post by DianSmokes »

Not proud to be saying this at all, but it was just a couple months ago that I found out that when holding shift one can drag stacks of items without having the gump for amount pop up.

Return to “Guides”