GM Med Runebook style (Free + <24 hrs)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
jimm1432

GM Med Runebook style (Free + <24 hrs)

Post by jimm1432 »

Nice and easy this one, Works better then using liquor and costs nothing more then a single recall scroll.

First you'll need a runebook and a recall scroll.

I find this easiest in a small house just mark a spot and place a house on it. if you can't afford a small house deed you can use the town crier, mark on top of her to get your 'blocked rune'

Throw the rune into a runebook with at least one charge.

Then record a macro doing the following.

if mana <= X
Use meditation
Say .
wait 10secs
else
Use runebook
Press recall using a 'charge' onto your blocked rune. (don't cast it or you'll waste regs)
Wait 1 sec
end if

or just copy this to txt file and name it like ''RunebookMed.MACRO'' and put it in you macro folder inside razors directory. Remember to re target your runebook, this macro uses the first runespot in the book

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|80
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENG|0|.
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
// Retarget this to your runebook. use first rune as
// blocked Rune.
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1084029280|3834
Assistant.Macros.WaitForGumpAction|1431013363|False|300
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|2|0|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

Where X is use these numbers.

@30, X = 80
@35, X = 75
@40, X = 70
@45, X = 65
@50, X = 60
@55, X = 55
@60, X = 50
@65, X = 45
@70, X = 40
@75, X = 35
@80, X = 30
@85, X = 25
@90, X = 20
@95, X = 15

You don't need any armor but it mite help at higher skill levels. A set of shop brought (12-13ar) leather is recommended but not needed and using a wizard's hat to max your int is always helpful when pushing to GM.

Thanks SighelmofWyrmgard for town crier idea and spotting macro error.
Last edited by jimm1432 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Re: GM Med Runebook style (Free + <24 hrs)

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Permit me to add 2 suggestions,

1. "Nicer and Easier": walk into any Town Crier, and Mark the rune while standing on his tile (Town Criers do not move); no house or alt required, nor do you need to expose your character to griefing.

EDIT: I phrased this badly,
2. In the macro, say something immediately after using the skill, and set the delay to only 1 second*: above 50ish skill (@100 Int), it is not in your interest to actually perform any active Meditation (you want to keep your mana at 'X') ...

Here we go,
2. In the macro, set the skill-delay to only 1 second*; above 50ish, say something immediately after using the skill, because (@100 Int) it will not be in your interest to actually perform any active Meditation (you want to keep your mana at 'X'); above 80ish skill, to help keep your mana at 'X', start wearing (shopkeeper) leather armor pieces to slow down your passive regeneration rate; at high Meditation values, you might also want to wear a magical wizard's hat.

*The posted macro would often have you waiting at least 11 (10+1) seconds between Meditation attempts; with only 1 second delay, you should always be trying to meditate every 10 seconds, which will be slightly more-efficient.

I will confirm that this method is much faster, and a lot less problematic, than using liquor.

Props to jimm1432 for posting the instructions and macro.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

SighelmofWyrmgard

EDIT:
[quote="jimm1432"]if mana => X
Use meditation
Say .
wait 10secs
else
Use runebook
Press recall using a 'charge' onto your blocked rune. (don't cast it or you'll waste regs)
Wait 1 sec
end if

[/quote]

Sorry, folks, I should have included this in my post, above: this pseudocode contains an error: ">" should be "<".

REASON FOR EDITING: OP has been updated to correct this, and I don't want to add any confusion.

SS
Last edited by SighelmofWyrmgard on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
jimm1432 wrote:if mana => X
Use meditation
Say .
wait 10secs
else
Use runebook
Wait 1 sec
end if
Sorry, folks, I should have included this in my post, above: this pseudocode contains an error: ">" should be "<".

SS
Yes sorry about that, the macro code is correct (to copy/paste) but i manually wrote the first part. Great idea about the town crier I'll update the first post to be correct but all credit to you for that.

also if you read the macro it already says '.' to stop active med, the 10 sec timer is the skill timer or it'll spam screen with 'you must wait to use this skill'. You can remove it if you like but remember you will also spam the screen with '.' or whatever your saying to stop active med.

SighelmofWyrmgard

The 'Town Crier variant' is not my idea: a lot of people here know it and, so far as I know, the idea goes all the way back to in-era OSI; it's mentioned ('within the bowels') in a few of the Meditation discussions here.

This bit,
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:EDIT: I phrased this badly,
2. In the macro, ...) ...

Here we go,
... above 50ish, say something immediately after using the skill, because (@100 Int) it will not be in your interest to actually perform any active Meditation (you want to keep your mana at 'X'....
is still phrased badly: I mean that, below 50ish skill, it doesn't much matter whether or not you say anything after using the skill, and actually performing (some) active Meditation does not hurt (because you can only expect to succeed when you have already drifted above your skill-gain sweetspot, at which point you want to reach the casting-point again ASAP); I admit that it's a bit of a 'wash' (and I've always afk 'hat-tricked' my characters to +50) ...

I didn't intend to imply that you had left it out of the original macro.

Anyway, I'm glad that someone has finally plotted this out in a separate thread. Thanks again.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Jay

Post by Jay »

no you have to place a house for this to work. trust me

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Jay wrote:no you have to place a house for this to work. trust me
I place a house to stop griefers. working any skill at the bank afk is just asking for some bored idiot to come kill you.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

jimm1432 wrote:
Jay wrote:no you have to place a house for this to work. trust me
I place a house to stop griefers. working any skill at the bank afk is just asking for some bored idiot to come kill you.

You mark the rune on the town crier and then go back to your house to macro.... I've have the same meditation runebook since i started here and don't even remember where my first house was... Seems simpler this way.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Also, I'm guessing you assuming everyone has 100int... Does anyone know the formula to figure this out? As in, if you only had 50int at what mana level would you meditate to gain skill fastest? Thanks.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

SighelmofWyrmgard

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:Also, I'm guessing you assuming everyone has 100int... Does anyone know the formula to figure this out? As in, if you only had 50int at what mana level would you meditate to gain skill fastest? Thanks.
@100 Int, the general formula for "the Meditation sweetspot" is 120-MedSkill*; since the regeneration rate relies as equally upon Int as it does MedSkill, I have always operated according to the supposition that percentage-based calculations should work.

*If you look at the values for X given in the OP, you'll see that those values identify the sweetspot at 121-Med (that is, Meditating after you have cast Recall @ -11 mana).

I have several characters locked at 50 Int (who are also locked @50 Med, incidentally): when I was raising Med on those characters (and that was years ago), I calculated @ 50%*(120-Med), because 50 Int is 50% of 100 Int, and my gains were just fine (or, at least, seemed so to me).

Of course, however, that was only for 0-50 Meditation and, were I to do such a character now, I would just afk-overnight-'magic-hat' @ 10 Int, and wake up to find my 50 Med ...

Unless someone isolates and decompiles the actual algorithm and posts it on the forums, or in the wiki, all we can do is speculate. I can tell you that comparing a different value for Int simply as a percentage applied to the original equation is a solution that worked for me.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

bump

Return to “Guides”