Guide : Provocation

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Fauvonus

Re: Guide : Provocation

Post by Fauvonus »

Instead of using Brit stables, why not use Moonglow Zoo. Animals can't get to you, so you provoke em on yourself. Still guard zone and saves on 'some' of the idiocy of people trying to screw up macros.

Tootles

Post by Tootles »

Actually the macro works with a pause 10000 just fine instead of 11000.

Mr Furious

Post by Mr Furious »

I keep getting the message, 'i cannot incite that' when attempting to use these macros, anyone know how to fix this?

Tootles

Post by Tootles »

Mr Furious wrote:I keep getting the message, 'i cannot incite that' when attempting to use these macros, anyone know how to fix this?
It does that when you have not clicked on an instrument- click the instrument -use skill provoke-target animal-target yourself or another animal- pause 10000-change the first line to type

Mr Furious

Post by Mr Furious »

Tootles wrote:
Mr Furious wrote:I keep getting the message, 'i cannot incite that' when attempting to use these macros, anyone know how to fix this?
It does that when you have not clicked on an instrument- click the instrument -use skill provoke-target animal-target yourself or another animal- pause 10000-change the first line to type
Right, I have that check in my macro and it doesnt solve it. i remade the macro and left the wait for targets in, instead of replacing them with .7 second pauses and it seems to be working now, i dont know if thats what fixed it but thats the only thing i changed.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Doing this from work so pardon the exact syntax for the macro...you will get the idea.

In any stables -

Say "Guards"
Use Item by Type (instrument)
Pause 500
Use skill provoke
Pause 500
Target Creature by Type (Chicken)
Pause 500
Target Self
Pause 10000

Make sure that you change your targets to target by type, otherwise when someone (probably you) kills the chicken you will automatically target a new chicken when they respawn. Also when you break your instrument you will automatically use a new one of the same type.

This will allow you to target any chicken within range (even when some asshat comes through and kills all the animals...use a chicken because you can easily wrestle one of them down without dying when said asshat comes through and opens all the stable doors to kill afkers.)

Only thing you have to worry about now is people using purple potions to blow you up...but atleast they will ahve to work for it.

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Guide: Provocation Macro

Post by RawToxic »

This is the most efficient provocation script I was able to create in Razor. I found when macroing Provocation, I had the best luck in the Moonglow Zoo using the DireWolf in the back corner as my absolute target with the script as someone suggested in a previous post. Instruments do break while using Provocation, Peacemaking, or Enticement. This script will help recover when those time occur. I would recommend bringing 30+ same type instruments and GM Musicianship with you in an attempt to GM provocation from 0.

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|what instrument
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3741|True
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|22
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|60097|4514|1391|23|213
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
This macro does the following:

Loop
If Recent System Message = What Instrument
Double Click Instrument By Type
Pause 5.0 Seconds
Else
Use Skill Provocation
Wait For Target
Absolute Target (Animal/Monster)
Wait For Target
Target Self
Pause 10.0 Seconds
End If

When your instrument breaks and the system message displayed asks what instrument would you like to play, the script will fail, time out, and restart the loop. At the first of the script, it will notice the system message and double click an instrument by type within your pack. It will then pause and start the provoke macro over. You will only have to reset this macro if you lose your intended provocation target for some reason. You will only have to reselect a new target and restart the macro.

This script was not intended for you to GM provocation unattended in one day, although it can be abused for that purpose. Take the time to remember what playing the game and building your character was like. That was one of the most fun parts of UO when I played the first time around.

BTW, only wimpy unattended macroers ever add GUARDS to their macro... Just an FYI..

GL
Last edited by RawToxic on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Since when is unattended macroing illegal here? i could of sworn that it was fine unless you were deep sea fishing or resource gathering...

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

You got me there. Sorry to go off on a rant. I would just like to see more people actually play their characters before they are 7x gm at everything.

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker

Lord Bleyz

Re: Guide: Provocation Macro

Post by Lord Bleyz »

RawToxic wrote:This is the most efficient provocation script I was able to create in Razor.
BTW, only wimpy unattended macroers ever add GUARDS to their macro... Just an FYI..

GL
First off, if you would have read the entire thread you would see that I posted a script that is more efficient then yours. It's not my intention to single you out as everyone who has posted a provocation script in this thread(aside from me) has made a time critical mistake that shows you wasted a lot of time.

THERE ARE 2 TIMERS FOR PROVOCATION

Timer 1: You succeed, you must wait 10 Seconds before using a skill.
Timer 2: You fail, you must wait 5 seconds before using a skill.

So lets play with Time and Numbers shall we. Lets examine one minute with your macro running and one minute with my macro running assuming all uses of Provocation are fails.

Other Macro's

6 Loops * 10 Seconds = 60 Seconds or 1 Minute of time.

My macro

12 Loops * 5 Seconds = 60 Seconds or 1 Minute of time.

Seconds turn into Minutes.
Minutes turn into Hours.
Hours turn into Days.

By not using a second timer you wasted a lot of time.

BTW FYI sitting and watching a macro is mind numbingly boring so yes I added a GUARDS so i could go macro unattended and not worry about my instruments being stolen or such.

Hope you learned something.

new_rez

Post by new_rez »

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but what part does dexterity and int play in provoke? Do they factor in the success forumla? If so, what is the forumla?

My bard has 25 dex. Does this make a difference to success?

Xarx

Post by Xarx »

No.

GzA

Post by GzA »

Isn't Roadkill's suggestion still the best? I mean why pause for 10 seconds? 5 seconds? If you can't use the skill you can't use the skill. Might as well be banging away on some drums waiting for the skill timer to time out.

What's the best starting skills for a Provo? Mage/Resist?

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide: Provocation Macro

Post by RawToxic »

Lord Bleyz wrote: First off, if you would have read the entire thread you would see that I posted a script that is more efficient then yours. It's not my intention to single you out as everyone who has posted a provocation script in this thread(aside from me) has made a time critical mistake that shows you wasted a lot of time.

THERE ARE 2 TIMERS FOR PROVOCATION

Timer 1: You succeed, you must wait 10 Seconds before using a skill.
Timer 2: You fail, you must wait 5 seconds before using a skill.

So lets play with Time and Numbers shall we. Lets examine one minute with your macro running and one minute with my macro running assuming all uses of Provocation are fails.

Other Macro's

6 Loops * 10 Seconds = 60 Seconds or 1 Minute of time.

My macro

12 Loops * 5 Seconds = 60 Seconds or 1 Minute of time.

Seconds turn into Minutes.
Minutes turn into Hours.
Hours turn into Days.

By not using a second timer you wasted a lot of time.

BTW FYI sitting and watching a macro is mind numbingly boring so yes I added a GUARDS so i could go macro unattended and not worry about my instruments being stolen or such.

Hope you learned something.
I was not aware that if you fail, you only have to wait 5 seconds. I would have made an entirely different macro if I would have known that. To fix it, i would just need another if statement to check the system message for the succedd or fail and change the wait time. That would still make mine more proficient just because of how it handles the weapon breakage. But I'm not really here to argue.

You know.. You could have asked me if I knew that instead of going on a dissertation like you are a badass with only 6 posts. Are you trying to make any friends here?

Teph

Post by Teph »

yeah, none of these are working for me, i opened the macro manually and pasted your code into it, nothing when i try to run it. it says you cant incite that!!!

Return to “Guides”