How to make 10 million gold a month. Legally & Attended.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: How to make 10 million gold a month. Legally & Attended

Post by Mikel123 »

Agree with everything you wrote, except the dragon turret being faster. I used to hunt with 3 dragons, and I just watched someone this morning with a 27-dragon turret and he killed the gazers, at best, equally as fast as I could while mobile with my 3 dragons. Also, most turrets use a hidden alt there anyways (if not two).

This of course assumes no hiccups, which seems unlikely. But maybe the PK pop is lower now than it's been in the past...

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

think the main reason for a turret is so you don't have to have ur drags move around with u to Eg locations so the more fire breaths the faster but 27 drags seems a little extreme I was thinking more like 7- 10.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

They firebreath pretty irregularly. Also, there's a few different ways to set up the turret, but each of them are much slower than "a kill" "b kill" "c kill", which not only gets their dragon breath going, but melee pretty quickly too.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

I was just giving a scenario that it's possible to make 100k or more an houre. Me personally i just use a White Wyrm because they are easy to get & replace where as a turret causes more trouble then it's worth by the time you tame all the drags and set up you're hider, Pks come in and poison feild/Ev your drags or gate them out.

Terra Keep can be very Profitable if you add in Gold/Tmaps / & ton of magic weapons you get off warriors.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

Hello,

I am newer player to the shard, and as such will most likely not be recognized by anyone posting or reading this thread. However, I would like to express my opinion on the creation of this guide, it's intentions, and the mixed response from the readers.

Posting something like this in the guide forums, while helpful and informative, seems more like a way to dampen the spirits of the general population of the server. I don't think anyone is attracted to the idea that players run bots to farm millions of gold, regardless of the game or the server. Why would a new player, or his friends he is trying to convince to join, be interested in this?

On the other hand, I also feel like the information is valuable. It's nice to share with your community what coding ideas you have come up with, and what new ways you can help one another get ahead in the video game world. So for that reason, I think I am very appreciative of the information. Someone who 'has it all' is willing to impart his bag of tricks onto the next would-be trammelite. That's perfectly fine by me.

Overall, and especially after reading through the whole thread, I really get the feeling that this post was not really intended to HELP people, least of all help the shard.

I have worked over the past six months to acquire the relatively small fortune that I have. Hell, I am just starting my first mage tamer. I spent many months simply getting 30k~ and banking it. Log on another day and go farm shame for a few gold. I read this and feel like there is a lack of interest in controlling what happens to the shard in regards to how effective a third party program like razor can be.

I guess i just wanted to say; I do not see how advertising your 100million-gold-money-bot on the forums would benefit the server overall. Why would you post this? Perhaps the money made is not as accessable as it has been made out to be in this thread (like vendors cap out on buying scrolls), but overall I think a new player would see this thread and more likely just uninstall.

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

Read through and looked through the scripts, fair do's to TM as he has spent the time to create this and I have learnt a lot about razor by looking at what he has done.

Is it gonna ruin the server ? narr

so if anything I say thx to TM for the lesson on how to push razor to the limits

Klavis Verge

Post by Klavis Verge »

The obvious solution to this issue that obviously was never implemented by OSI is this:

Privatize tiles. Instead of paying rent to vendors creating the incentive for players to locate their shops where the greatest number of players are (or target niche markets), allow players to pay rent to land tiles instead, and as far as the restricting communist bureaucracy control mentality is concerned, limit each character to owning 1 tile of resource. This allows players to play different characters (owning different resource tiles) on the same account (and would be a possible argument against multiple account ownership).

In basics, this means that:

You could own 1 tile of ore (or regeant spawn, tree, coastline water, etc.)

No one else can use tile that you own (if you paid for it) without negotiating a SOCIAL CONTRACT with you (which could be an actual in-game mechanism expanding the trade gump).

You pay a nominal "rent" or franchise tax for the priviledge of owning the tile of ore to the SERVER (closed loop economy). This itself is NATURALLY adjusted by players (the player-agreed market value of the social contract, all contract values being unique allowing for situational uniqueness to be compensated for) to account for hoarding...In real life businesses pay franchise tax for the priviledge of the protections provided by the state in which they are created. This also is a deterrent against players wishing to compete aggressively usually resulting in violence.

The benefit would obviously be having players more spread out across the game map (saves server side processing resulting in quicker save times, longer RAM lifespan, less player MOB glitches etc.)

And, of course, GREATER PLAYER TO PLAYER INTERACTIONS. Which is what makes the game unique, and arguably the most enjoyable aspect.

ALSO, and perhaps most importantly, it creates the significant incentive for players to actually specialize and steer away from skill templates as in the old economy. If a player wants to own a resource tile that is DIFFERENT than what their character does, they can! It is merely a temporary investment that can be changed.

The good news is that looking at number of average clients, the -actual- game resources are ABUNDANT.

The problems that would have to be fixed:

For tiles like ore that have different types of output would have to be randomized per single tile (every owner has equal random chance to mine valorite from their ore tile, for instance).

Trade gump expanded. A simple number field 0-99 with an up arrow and a down arrow and corresponding "agree" checkboxes for both players (like the trade gump). Another thing is the time factor. Days 1-90 or whatever would also need to be added. And two types of agreement - "lease" "buy/sell" with lease having the time factor.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!
IF YOUR MONITOR SUPPORTS 1280X1024 then JOIN THE ELITE EXPERIENCE viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42397

Klavis Verge

Post by Klavis Verge »

The obvious solution to this issue that obviously was never implemented by OSI is this:

Privatize tiles. Instead of paying rent to vendors creating the incentive for players to locate their shops where the greatest number of players are (or target niche markets), allow players to pay rent to land tiles instead, and as far as the restricting communist bureaucracy control mentality is concerned, limit each character to owning 1 tile of resource. This allows players to play different characters (owning different resource tiles) on the same account (and would be a possible argument against multiple account ownership).

In basics, this means that:

You could own 1 tile of ore (or regeant spawn, tree, coastline water, etc.)

No one else can use tile that you own (if you paid for it) without negotiating a SOCIAL CONTRACT with you (which could be an actual in-game mechanism expanding the trade gump).

You pay a nominal "rent" or franchise tax for the priviledge of owning the tile of ore to the SERVER (closed loop economy). This itself is NATURALLY adjusted by players (the player-agreed market value of the social contract, all contract values being unique allowing for situational uniqueness to be compensated for) to account for hoarding...In real life businesses pay franchise tax for the priviledge of the protections provided by the state in which they are created. This also is a deterrent against players wishing to compete aggressively usually resulting in violence.

The benefit would obviously be having players more spread out across the game map (saves server side processing resulting in quicker save times, longer RAM lifespan, less player MOB glitches etc.)

And, of course, GREATER PLAYER TO PLAYER INTERACTIONS. Which is what makes the game unique, and arguably the most enjoyable aspect.

ALSO, and perhaps most importantly, it creates the significant incentive for players to actually specialize and steer away from skill templates as in the old economy. If a player wants to own a resource tile that is DIFFERENT than what their character does, they can! It is merely a temporary investment that can be changed.

The good news is that looking at number of average clients, the -actual- game resources are ABUNDANT.

The problems that would have to be fixed:

For tiles like ore that have different types of output would have to be randomized per single tile (every owner has equal random chance to mine valorite from their ore tile, for instance).

Trade gump expanded. A simple number field 0-99 with an up arrow and a down arrow and corresponding "agree" checkboxes for both players (like the trade gump). Another thing is the time factor. Days 1-90 or whatever would also need to be added. And two types of agreement - "lease" "buy/sell" with lease having the time factor.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!
IF YOUR MONITOR SUPPORTS 1280X1024 then JOIN THE ELITE EXPERIENCE viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42397

Brules

Post by Brules »

Definately not the fastest way to make money, but if you work from a location where you can run something like this while you work attended, it is a good no risk way to make $.

I used 3 guys fishing on a boat for months on end with a nice little razor macro I wrote that I ran when I was at my home office. I made millions off of it, with little to no risk, other than running into Darkwing every now and then lol. Since I ran it while I worked, most PK's/Pirates were still sleeping 8-5pm lol. I work and watch UO run all at the same time. I may give this one a try even, but it may be a bit beyond my skills to set up lol - it is pretty epic in size/scope.

So yeah, stuff like this is not terribly efficient, but if you are like me and run a dual or triple or even a quad set up (triple here) and can run UO while you work - then by all means stuff like this is easy money.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Mikel123 wrote:They firebreath pretty irregularly. Also, there's a few different ways to set up the turret, but each of them are much slower than "a kill" "b kill" "c kill", which not only gets their dragon breath going, but melee pretty quickly too.

I did it on several occasions with the dragon turret at LL. Stacks of probably 30. PK would not mess with you as it was insta kill. Only griefers could really affect you. I kinda hope they changed that mechanic as I farmed untouched. I also had Archer turrets on the ready.

PS, your play style was much more different than mine, you played a zero risk style most of the time, so how would you obtain a high yield?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

There were ways to set up the turret appropriately, which IMO was to have all the dragons "all guard me", and then go aggressive on the gazers and when they aggro'ed back the dragons would nearly instakill them. That seemed to be the most effective. But in my short explorations in the last few days, it doesn't seem like people are doing that. Dunno if it's gotten fixed, or if people just don't know the "all guard me" method like you, Loathed, etc, did.

I don't think I played low-risk, did I? I don't know what you mean, I guess. You're talking about a 30-dragon turret and two archer bots guarding you during your farming. Certainly my play was higher-risk than that, in most people's eyes. I just felt, with respect to dragon hunting, etc., that 2+ people could still ruin my day - turret/archers or not - if they were smart and could count tiles to stay at a safe radius and EV, Reveal, etc. And in such cases, I'd be losing 30 dragons and some nice bows. So I figured it was better to just use 3 dragons, as I was still entirely safe against one PK, and still vulnerable against 2+ if they played smart. Maybe I was giving people too much credit though, thinking they'd figure out how to defeat the dragon turrets.

As for figuring out how much can be made... my own playstyle doesn't matter much. I know how much I make, I know how much faster a turret is than 3 moving dragons (answer: not much, IMO). The biggest limiting factor in gp/hour is not how long it takes to kill the elder gazers once they spawn, but how long it takes them to actually spawn.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Hydroxide wrote:Nice post... Coming from the man who lead a smear campaign against attended recall miners.

Hypocrite Much?

Hope you finally decide to leave and never come back, Telamon. Thanks!
lol i would love to hear this story.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

30 vs 3. Insta kill vs waiting. Time is money.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Kriav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kriav »

Does anyone have a copy of these macros???

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

This method doesn't require great macros. It does however have a startup cost, and you'll be running 3 clients legitimately 24/7/365. Farming with a tamer is much more efficient and based on your own time. More importantly, anyone can compete with this income and inevitably kill your margins.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Return to “Guides”