Guide : Blacksmithy Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
RazitalJiminez

Re: Guide : Blacksmithy Guide

Post by RazitalJiminez »

55/65/75/85 changed at these intervals with always throwing in a few gorgets here and there along the way ... kinda clueless on how to achieve GM but it will be probably another 10k ingots (at least) before that happens so I'll update when I do

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

cutlass --> kryss --> short spear --> long spear
55/65/75/85 changed at these intervals
Am I getting this right? You made cutlass until 65?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Brady

Post by Brady »

I can confirm cutlasses taking me from 50-65 pretty quickly.

I'm doing katanas now, gains have been ok - might switch to kryss...

TheMessy

Post by TheMessy »

I used cutlass all the way to 65, then just short spears...I am at 85 real right now and I haven't gone through as many ingots as I thought I was going to. But then again 90-100 is going to take a shit ton I would imagine.

Brady

Post by Brady »

I dont get it..I'm at 70.7 (67.5 real skill) and I dont have any spears as a choice in my smith menu.

TheMessy

Post by TheMessy »

Brady wrote:I dont get it..I'm at 70.7 (67.5 real skill) and I dont have any spears as a choice in my smith menu.
Its under polearms, and you have to scroll over to the right to see them...

Brady

Post by Brady »

Oh jeeze...thanks :oops:

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

TheMessy wrote:I used cutlass all the way to 65, then just short spears...I am at 85 real right now and I haven't gone through as many ingots as I thought I was going to. But then again 90-100 is going to take a shit ton I would imagine.
I macroed 58.9 - 66.0 skill last night with cutlass, using 2.5k ingots. Will weigh up tonight whether it is better to use kryss or short spear from here! I started using kryss at 60 skill or so, but ended up switching back to cutlass since I was failing too often and wasting resources (nothing to smelt).
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Bag

Post by Bag »

@93ish now, not sure what direction to go in to use ingots efficiently. gorgets? they are so easy to make and skill gain felt slow. been doing long spears but I'm creating them as exceptional now; not sure if that means move on.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I have a newbie blacksmith. I've got 35 blacksmithy and just started trying to smelt ore into ingots. Last night I went through maybe 100-150 ore without even .1 gain. Is this normal? Do I not gain from smelting the ore into ingots, and only gain from making items? If so, how will I ever get any ingots if I have a 100% failure rate? Any ideas?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Budner wrote:I have a newbie blacksmith. I've got 35 blacksmithy and just started trying to smelt ore into ingots. Last night I went through maybe 100-150 ore without even .1 gain. Is this normal? Do I not gain from smelting the ore into ingots, and only gain from making items? If so, how will I ever get any ingots if I have a 100% failure rate? Any ideas?
Smelt 1 large pile of ore at a time. You might be able to smelt smaller piles of the ore too but dont try all 100+ at one time.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I was trying 2 ore at a time. Are you saying I should do 1 at a time, or a larger pile (like 12 at a time)? Thanks.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

When you mine you get 1 large pile and sometimes get 10-20+ piles per spot (vein). I'm saying try 1 pile at a time. You are just trying to ingots right? You are smelting and not getting ingots right? See I started at 50 mining, 50 smithing so I dont really know what you should be doing to gain skill at that level. Worst case either make a new smith or buy ingots.

Bag

Post by Bag »

you don't gain blacksmithing from smelting ore - that's mining skill. unless you really need this toon to have smithy, remake a smith imo. like 50 smithy/tinkering and then buy mining and work that up from 35.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

OK thanks. Yeah this toon is a mutli-purpose mule so I started him with high alchemy and poisoning which is even harder/more expensive to raise than blacksmithy, I think. So I guess I have to just be patient.

Return to “Guides”